Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need a new anime to watch...

Acorn Electron User

Last Exile is pretty good. I'v eonly got the the first 2 dvd's at the moment but I've enjoyed it very much so far.

Whilst not that funny and being quite quiet, I have also really enjoyed Haibane Renmei.

Tokyo Godfathers is also very good. Quite touching I thought.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bertrude
    Last Exile is pretty good. I'v eonly got the the first 2 dvd's at the moment but I've enjoyed it very much so far.

Whilst not that funny and being quite quiet, I have also really enjoyed Haibane Renmei.

Tokyo Godfathers is also very good. Quite touching I thought.
    Really? I haven't heard of either. now I am happy I asked, I now have a pretty good list of things to watch

but continue to post your faves, I want a years worth of anime to watch lol.

DCEmu Regular

Chobits is turning out pretty good,(at ep.18). One of the funniest animes I have ever saw...

Quote Originally Posted by b8a
    Just lost loads of respect. Nice to know that working 60+ hours a week and earning less than $200 a month isn't even worth a $20 purchase to you. Yeah, that makes me feel appreciated... I mean like I've been kicked in the face...

10 years ago this would be forgiveable since you couldn't even get anime through legitimate channels overseas, but now that you can buy it from just about anywhere, it's entirely unforgiveable. Can't begin to fathom how you can justify that.

I'll be sure to let my fellow impovershed animators know exactly what their hard work means to you as well.

THANKS.
    Dont get your panties in a bunch, I was gone for about a week and I didnt get to respond. That statment was mostly meant as a joke to add onto the "funny-ness" of previouse posts. Dont disrespect.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by stotheamuel
    Inuyasha
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Ghost in the Shell
    LUPIN III
    Samurai X

A few episodes OF TRIGUN??? Trigun IS Amazing! Better than cowboy bebop.. IMO.... and i would of suggested FMA but you already watched that!

(PS)and by the names you're listing i can tell you're into Adult swim.
    I have watched Inuyasha before, definitely a funny and somewhat gory anime.

Ghost in a shell is a recent addiction of mine, Rurouni Kenshin is kinda funny but It feels like the storyline is bitter somehow. Trigun, of course is amazing, not better than bebop IMO lol . Lupin III never heard of it...

I've never seen adult swim before...

power puff girls j/k

1time:I can believe you were joking. I know your posting style, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But Crimson_Lotus definitely wasn't joking about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Lotus
    It isn't like piracy can actually "stop" but it will always be around. Hard work, to me, doesn't have to be materialistic in the manner you seem to take it.
    I appreciate their work, just not with my wallet.
    This is worse than UMD piracy in my opinion since the sweatshop conditions of anime studios is well known. It keeps getting more and more popular, but less and less profitable. People like Crimson_Lotus, in some twisted way, like to think they're supporting anime, but are helping to kill it off. And what's worse is that he's actually cheerful about it.

This is my livelihood, and I take it very seriously. This is not about "materialism", as he likes to think it is, it's about being able to live a basic life. I didn't get into this industry expecting to become a millionaire, but I never thought that no matter how hard I tried, I wouldn't be able to make ends meet with it. It's hard enough living with that reality, but it's even harder knowing that millions of perfectly financially capable people willingly and happily think that I, and my colleagues, don't deserve any sort of compensation for working for them. If shoving that fact in my face isn't showing basic disrespect, I don't know what is, and will gladly return the gesture. Unapologetically. It's not a joking matter to me. If there were any good reason for getting "my panties up in a bunch", this is it. There are very few things someone can do to their fellow man that's worse than robbing them of their livelihood. People like him make me wish that I had become a lawyer instead. Guaranteed paycheck, and everyone appreciates having another lawyer around.

This guy's all but admitted that he's going to illegally download each and every suggestion made to him. He's an admitted and unabashed pirate, why is he still here? Why is this thread even still open? You've shut down threads for far less.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by b8a
    1time:I can believe you were joking. I know your posting style, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But Crimson_Lotus definitely wasn't joking about this.
    This is worse than UMD piracy in my opinion since the sweatshop conditions of anime studios is well known. It keeps getting more and more popular, but less and less profitable. People like Crimson_Lotus, in some twisted way, like to think they're supporting anime, but are helping to kill it off. And what's worse is that he's actually cheerful about it.

This is my livelihood, and I take it very seriously. This is not about "materialism", as he likes to think it is, it's about being able to live a basic life. I didn't get into this industry expecting to become a millionaire, but I never thought that no matter how hard I tried, I wouldn't be able to make ends meet with it. It's hard enough living with that reality, but it's even harder knowing that millions of perfectly financially capable people willingly and happily think that I, and my colleagues, don't deserve any sort of compensation for working for them. If shoving that fact in my face isn't showing basic disrespect, I don't know what is, and will gladly return the gesture. Unapologetically. It's not a joking matter to me. If there were any good reason for getting "my panties up in a bunch", this is it. There are very few things someone can do to their fellow man that's worse than robbing them of their livelihood. People like him make me wish that I had become a lawyer instead. Guaranteed paycheck, and everyone appreciates having another lawyer around.

This guy's all but admitted that he's going to illegally download each and every suggestion made to him. He's an admitted and unabashed pirate, why is he still here? Why is this thread even still open? You've shut down threads for far less.
    I am deeply sorry if what I said offended you, but that is the way I look at the matter myself and my views on the subject. Trust me, if the subject were in the rules I would have gladly not posted anything about the matter. I don't really think a warning or ban is in anyway appropriate for speaking my mind in the off topic forums either. If onetimeuser wishes I be punished then I believe its fair though, but the majority of help I try to provide to the community (for free) through graphics, ideas, and reporting should say something about my character.

It is in the rules, warez covers downloading licenced shows, hell even fansubs are a bit dodgy. Been away from the thread a few days so it took a bit of time for me to get the edit done.

Hmm, as the image below my name suggest..
    FULL METAL PANIC rocks!! (I prefer FMP:The second raid though).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information