Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I need a new anime to watch...

Recently a friend of mine went to Bali and picked me up the entire series of Shaman King. Sure it was poor quality and shockingly subbed but that aside I REALLY enjoyed watching it. Shaman King is a bit of action, comedy and drama and the characters are a little...let's say odd (as with most Shonen Jump's stuff I mean just look at One Piece ), but as I said VERY good.

Quote Originally Posted by GobboFett
    Recently a friend of mine went to Bali and picked me up the entire series of Shaman King. Sure it was poor quality and shockingly subbed.
    Bootleg dvd's will do that to you

Yeah, LOL Tell me about it...

Samurai 7, and champloo (if you liked bebop, you'll LOVE champloo)

DCEmu Regular

Sorry about the situation before, I understand my mistake and I thank you Hawk for concidering it.

Alrighty, back to business, please continue to list your animes. I will take in every suggestion!

Champloo is pretty good! I love the part where they play baseball against americans, It was sooo funny.

As far as Shaman King goes, I used to watch it all the time when it was on foxbox... I really enjoyed it but after missing about 3 episodes I was entirely lost as to what the plot was lol.

Ive been watching hellsing on encore action. Its interesting because I am not into the whole horor, zombie live action movies.. But quite a number of blood lusty japanese cartoons catch my attention.

When I was a kid I watch what many people concider to be the king of all anime movies. Akira, while seemingly the norm now, was somthing of a taboo to me. Everything from the animation of the characters expressions, right down the the sound effects gave me chills.

Then during the whole DBZ and Pokemon phaze, I decided to goto a bit of a underground videostore (yes, it has an adult section in the back) and It was there that I was told about X (aka X/1999). This movie made Akira look like your average saturday morning cartoon... fortunatly it also managed to have one hell of a story.

My sister bought Pet shop of Horrors with your host... the guy that looks like a woman. It had some interesting short stories and is worth a watch.

I've never actually seen Berserk but I like the opening theme alot. (for comical value as well as... I think its got a good message) http://www.animeaddiction.net/anime/...berserk_op.mp3
    Plus the dreamcast game "Sword of the Berserk" was actually quite interesting.

Angel Sanctuary showed up out of nowhere, but its not bad..

And I'm loving hellsing. Its bad asscharacter isnt some blonde muscle pretty boy.. Hes a long armed bad ass #1 mutha ****a.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    Ive been watching hellsing on encore action. Its interesting because I am not into the whole horor, zombie live action movies.. But quite a number of blood lusty japanese cartoons catch my attention.

When I was a kid I watch what many people concider to be the king of all anime movies. Akira, while seemingly the norm now, was somthing of a taboo to me. Everything from the animation of the characters expressions, right down the the sound effects gave me chills.

Then during the whole DBZ and Pokemon phaze, I decided to goto a bit of a underground videostore (yes, it has an adult section in the back) and It was there that I was told about X (aka X/1999). This movie made Akira look like your average saturday morning cartoon... fortunatly it also managed to have one hell of a story.

My sister bought Pet shop of Horrors with your host... the guy that looks like a woman. It had some interesting short stories and is worth a watch.

I've never actually seen Berserk but I like the opening theme alot. (for comical value as well as... I think its got a good message) http://www.animeaddiction.net/anime/...berserk_op.mp3
    Plus the dreamcast game "Sword of the Berserk" was actually quite interesting.

Angel Sanctuary showed up out of nowhere, but its not bad..

And I'm loving hellsing. Its bad asscharacter isnt some blonde muscle pretty boy.. Hes a long armed bad ass #1 mutha ****a.

I finished Hellsing awhile ago, as long as you follow it closely it is a pretty damn good show... On Wikipedia I saw Akira mentioned in the Seinen section and wondered if it was any good, I guess I will have to check it out. As far as berzerk goes, the opening theme is pretty "Rad"... If you noticed not many animes have good opening songs(that is my opinion of course)... I loved the "Undo" which was performed in the third season(I think) of Full Metal Alchemist(J)... It was performed by a band called Cool Joke. Check it out some time if you are into J-Pop. lol. I still haven't read anything about Angel Sanctuary but I am definately looking into it.

I <3 Wikipedia ...

DCEmu Newbie

As this is your first post a word of warning, dont ask where to illegally get stuff, its not allowed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information