Wondering why Bill Gates decided to join the Twitter crazy recently? Turns out he's probably doing it for the same reason as most of us: Shameless self-promotion. Except he's promoting some very, very good causes through a new website.
Earlier Bill Gates tweeted about his new website, the Gates Notes, and with his two-hundred-something-thousand followers that announcement is bound to be retweeted until even your grandma has heard about it. This means that by the end of the day a few more people might know about Gates' ideas on curing malaria with candy, education reform, helping Haiti, and all the other issues the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation focuses on.
Pardon that fluffy, happy view on a simple tweet, but—with the exception of the recent calls for Haiti aid—I don't often see Twitter used to promote something with great potential to make the world a lovelier place and I've got a weak spot for the work done by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to begin with. Nice work, Billy. You've got a retweet from me. [The Gates Notes via Bill Gates]

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...