Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retro-Sonic News: Dreamcast Test Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jackal
    Just one question - will this game feature a level editor? The reason I ask is because of the "Custom Levels" option on the title screen snapshot??
    Yes, it will come with a fully operational Level editor for PC.

The Taxman is also trying to use the development kit for the next release, and dump WinCE.

EDIT: I think its funny that im still counted as a Newbie even though i registed on Nov 2004. I'm really a lurker most of the time, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vangar
    The Taxman is also trying to use the development kit for the next release, and dump WinCE.
    Good to hear!

Vangard, please point taxman to the dreamcast dev iso which has all the stuff he needs to get this working.

http://www.consolevision.com/dreamcast/dev/

Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Vangar
    ...I think its funny that im still counted as a Newbie even though i registed on Nov 2004. I'm really a lurker most of the time, lol.
    Welcome to the lurking club!

somebody made a youtube vid of this for dreamcast. Note that its only blinking cause of the camera. The gameplay is super smooth and u can play as knunkles as well with all the moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    we don't allow direct linking to downloads (unless the auther says so, but we host localy instead. But I for got to upload :/ doing so now
    Ehh.. maybe you'd like to edit out the link in your quoted message?

Hopefully the release without wince will be developed soon. I'll pass that link to him.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsteve
    somebody made a youtube vid of this for dreamcast. Note that its only blinking cause of the camera. The gameplay is super smooth and u can play as knunkles as well with all the moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1At2J...&search=Taxman
    Now that's sexy ! O_O

When I first bumped into that YouTube video, before seeing this topic, it took me a while to realise that it wasn't a rom of Sonic 2! I only figured it out when I noticed how Sonic rotates down hills like in Sonic Advance, and that the jump sound effect was from Sonic CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik
    What i can say about it? Game usues illegal files stolen from commercial DC game - Midways Greatests Arcade Hits. I am sure about them:

- wince libs
    - 1st_read bin
    - midawy_1.exe
    I checked the plain files and it's definitly not using files from Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits.

The file "Midway_1.exe" is used by all WinCE apps (e.g. BoobBoy, Sintendo, QuakeDC, etc.).

However, using the WinCE dev kit is not exactly welcome nor legal, but I can confirm that only the needed DLL files are included, not the entire WinCE DLL archive.

If this isn't available at DCEmu UK, then QuakeDC should be removed from DCHomebrew.org also.

In my opinion this release should be tolerated, but Taxman still should port it to KallistiOS as soon as possible to avoid any such problems in the future.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information