Fresh jokes, new puzzles, and cutscenes from celebrated Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons put the Director's Cut in Broken Sword: The Director's cut, an enhanced version of the beloved adventure game, available now for Apple's iPhone.
It's been a long time since I've played through the story of journalist Nico Collard and American tourist George Stobbart and their epic adventure that starts with a bomb-planting clown and ends with a conspiracy revolving around the Knights Templar. Perhaps it's time I did it again, as Revolution Software releases a gorgeous new version of the classic on the iTunes App Store for $6.99.
They've spruced up the original game with fresh text, a new narrative track, and the revamped control scheme previously seen in the iPhone remastered version of Beneath a Steel Sky.
"I am very proud that the game, and indeed the whole series, has maintained such a loyal following," says Charles Cecil, managing director, Revolution Software. "Since the launch of iPhone we have been bombarded with requests from fans to produce an app and the innovative Multi-Touch user interface is perfect for an adventure game - it really works very well."
I'm not sure whether I should be excited or exasperated. On the one hand, I really enjoy a classic adventure game. On the other, I am spending far too much time in the bathroom as it is. If the iSlate or iTablet or whatever has a bathroom wall mount, I'm in serious trouble.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...