Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: master chief, now in new colors.

o sry about that

i cant email them right now but ill do it later.

yes it will work just make sure your radaint 1.4 knows what folder it is in. that is what i use and it works perfect.

[email protected] why?
    when you start it it should ask where the folder is.
    also theres probly somewhere under settings

k i got it ill send u what i hav as a start for hang em high. dont post it online yet im not done lol.

ok try useing smaller brushes for the wall because it looks to me like its all one big brush causeing it to glitch alot.

to do lighting:
    -on the top,front, or side views make a small 1 block big brush.
    -right click
    -click light
    -type in a number or hit esc for defult. i think 900 is good for your map
    -place the light in the most open space there is
    -if you used defult you might want more than one light and you might want to put them all around the map.
    -play around with it untill you get the nicest least glitch lighting.

-to change the color of a light-
    -select the light
    -hit k
    -choose a color
    -if you dont choose a color the light will be defult white.

theres some more stuff but fix those first then mabey ill acually be able to see your map lol

also send me the .map file and ill look at it to see what you need help with.

k ill try that and ill get you the map file tomorrow. i started wizard. u working on sumthing?

k ill see it then.
    yes im working on a map but its not from halo.
    ill try a halo map after i finish this one.

-ok im looking at them now.
    -you should not post them up untill you revise everything im about to say.

-do you have the revised version of my map?
    the one i posted under a new thread,not the one i gave you.
    because if you do theres alot of textures inside the budds_textures folder you dont need so you can delete that folder and re-paist the new one in because if you just said overwrite it wont delete files. and theres like 20 mb of textures you dont need in there so that will save space.
    just something i noticed that will be good.
    the only textures in there that you need are lime,base_concrete,smooth_floor,and wall_outside

-ok ill edit this post and tell you what to do to help your maps after i look at them.

-ok.
    -i got 3 files
    hang um high, wizard, and high

-hang um high- looks like an unfinished version of high you put in there by mistake so ill skip it.

-high-
    -first off try to make it brighter by makeing the lights have a higher power or by adding more.
    -next the framerate is not bad but could be fixed by holding ctrl and shift and selecting the surfaces of brushes that you cant see like the outside of the map and the inside of hollow things and changeing there textures to caulk (its in common so make sure when you make a common folder and put the caulk texture in there) this makes the engine not draw a texture there and it will speed up your map.do not make all the sides out of caulk because this will cause the map to leak, only the sides you cant see while playing should be caulk. For future refrence it is easyer to make a map entirely out of caulk then hold ctrl and shift to select surfaces and put the texture on them.
    -next make sure you dont have overlapping brushes because that will cause it to freek out. you can probably delete this and just use ctrl and shift to put different textures on different sides of the brush if thats what you were going for. Its the first screenshot.
    -next if you dont want your textures to keep repeating themselves then select the brushes (shift) and press s. this will open the surface inspector and you can check the box to unlock and then change the values in that box to make the texture bigger. your walls and sky could probobly bennifit from this but im not sure how that ugly wall texture would do streached out. its the second screenshot
    -next there are alot of overlapping and not lineing up right in this map (the next 2 screenshots) try useing the clipper (select the brushes and hit x to toggle the clipper) to cut off parts or the brush so that it fits flush. you can also hit v and move the vertices around to make any kind of custom shape at any angle you want(i thing the vertices are easyer) also you can edit the vertcies to to make an odd shape that your having trouble with and its easy to fix overlapping.
    -im pretty sure you figured this out but just in case your didnt you can click grid then change the gridsize al the way down to 1.zoom in with your mouse wheel and get extreamly percise movements and streaches.

ok well ill go look at wizard now and try to help you out with that.:thumbup: its comming along nicely

-wizard-
    -first off i never really played halo on this level so i dont know what its supposed to look like.

-most of your problems were the same as in high.

-ok first it should be brighter. add more light or raise the intensity of your lights.
    -the map is kinda slow at times but overall good. try useing caulk to fix this (i explained how to to this higher up on this post)
    -theres some problems with your brushes being overlapped but not very many. (the 5th screenshot)
    -try useing the v key to enable vertice editing or just make the leg things longer so that theres no gap between it and the ground (screen 6)
    -i alerady said that i dont ever remember playing on this map so i dont know if thats supposed to be an octagon so if it is then dont listen to this part. or just listen for future refrence. when you have your brush selected and go to brush 8 sides (or 9 sides i didnt count them) instead of clicking on that click on arbitarary sided and you can type in a number anywhere up to i think 60 but it might be like 50 to get the best circle you can.(last screen)

o it looks like only the first 4 screens will show. no matter the last three are for wizard and you can just gess what im talking about it shouldn't be too hard.

o they work now so nvm

is there an easy installer just for iris 2.0?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information