Thread: Wacky Wheels Port

Default Wacky Wheels Port

Okay at the moment there is no current source for this awesome game but i have emailed 3D Realms aka Apogee software. I have no clue if this is C++ or if it has windows and althose other things that might not make a great port. *Anyways the reason why i am asking is this is a great game. *This game is something like a Mario Kart copy except your using animals. Its a little more childish. But it was one of the games i used to use on my 486 computer and i bet a lot of others used to play it aswell. Anyways here is a screenshot and i was to lazy to look around for anymore screenshots cause well its kind of impossible. If anyone else finds great screenshots congradulations. *I hope people arent pissed about this post i just thought i would put it out cause i am hoping to see a email from Apogee soon or another person who was linked to by Apogee.

http://www.maddogcarter.com/phil/wac...mages/wall.gif

Sorry if this was so quick cause i just mentioned the port of C-Dogs last month

Eric

Default Re: Wacky Wheels Port

Okay stupid me i didn't know that Apogee had lots of information about it but why would i think that they are the creators anyways here is information with a bunch of screenshots (better ones)

http://www.3drealms.com/wacky/

I remember both 3d realms and apogee. my first computer games were Raptor: Call of the Shadows and Jazz Jack Rabbit. Both from apogee i think. 3d realms made Shadow Warriors, which introduced me to more modern 3d shooters. I also remember this game from apogee where you were likea monk and you shot lightning at people....

anyways, I think both the companies are dead. I doubt we will get the source.

You no mess with the Lo- Wang.

DCEmu Regular

didn't apogee also cosmos of the osmos?

[quote author=1timeuser link=board=Dev;num=1087456640;start=0#2 date=06/17/04 at 14:42:33]I remember both 3d realms and apogee.[/quote]3DRealms IS Apogee, or rather, a subdivision (more specifically a label) of Apogee. (Along with Pinball Wizards)

[quote author=1timeuser link=board=Dev;num=1087456640;start=0#2 date=06/17/04 at 14:42:33]my first computer games were Raptor: Call of the Shadows and Jazz Jack Rabbit. Both from apogee i think. 3d realms made Shadow Warriors, which introduced me to more modern 3d shooters. I also remember this game from apogee where you were likea monk and you shot lightning at people.... [/quote]Epic Megagames made Jazz Jackrabbit.

[quote author=1timeuser link=board=Dev;num=1087456640;start=0#2 date=06/17/04 at 14:42:33]anyways, I think both the companies are dead. I doubt we will get the source.[/quote]Apogee is not dead, and neither is it's label 3DRealms.

[quote author=guymelef link=board=Dev;num=1087456640;start=0#3 date=06/17/04 at 18:07:42]didn't apogee also cosmos of the osmos?[/quote]
    Check the Apogee FAQ at http://rinkworks.com/apogee/ for all games that are made by Apogee, 3DRealms, and Pinball Wizards.

ok.. my bad... now i feel stupid.

DCEmu Pro

think they'll release duke nukem forever any time soon?

Dream Coder

why dig up this old topic?
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Thread Information