Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameboot Flasher for 2.6!

Blog Entries

psp Gameboot Flasher for 2.6!

Slasher posted this news/release:

Well, not to leave out the people with a TA-082 mother board, I've made this. A simple gameboot.pmf flasher for 2.6ers(there's confirms of this working on 2.5 as well)! based off the work of hitchikr, neural, DarK_AleX, Yoshihiro, and Mathieulh.

Just simply put the gameboot.pmf in the root of your memorystick, run the program, and it'll flash it directly to your flash0:/vsh/resources/ folder.

Some people may have noticed an opening_plugin.rco flasher and a topmenu_plugin.rco flasher; well those were based off my program here, I just didn't have a chance to release the original yet

NOTES:
    * There's always a risk of bricking your psp while flashing something. Although this has been tested and confirmed working; you are using this at your own risk. I am not the one to be held responsible if infact you do brick your psp while using this software.
    * I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I believe the MAX gameboot.pmf size is 1mb. Please avoid flashing gameboots that are any larger. If you flash anything larger than 1 mb, you may end up with a brick.
    * Thanks to TMK for the idea, and for helping me test it

Remember that only use if you are 100% confident we take no responsibility for damage to your PSP, download for the curious via comments
    via slasher

I just recently learned how easy it was to put the Prince of Persia (Blood & Claws) gameboot on 2.50 & 2.60 firmware with DevHook. Its really sweet.

Instead of that boring white Sony boot screen, you see slashing claws and then a huge splatter of blood upon the Sony Logo. Its killer! Pardon the pun

Anyway, for those who do not want to flash their PSP and love using DevHook, just overwrite the gameboot.pmf file with the Prince of Persia gameboot.

You can locate and overwrite file here:
    dh\250\flash0\vsh\resource\gameboot.pmf

dh\260\flash0\vsh\resource\gameboot.pmf

You can also flash 1.50 firmware PSP's with custom gameboots as well. I just prefer the safer way of adding the gameboot to EMULATED firmware.

This is one of the coolest and easiest hacks for the PSP. I can't believe I only recently found out how to do it.

I don't really understand what gameboot flasher does. Does it just change the opening screen that says PSP or whatever?

DCEmu Rookie

Seems like it mav, interesting idea, I might give the Prince of persia thing a go. This has all kinds of possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457
    I don't really understand what gameboot flasher does. Does it just change the opening screen that says PSP or whatever?
    When you use DevHook for example you need the firmware you want to emulate in files format, not an eBoot. When a firmware is installed on your PSP, the files are flashed to the PSP. But with DevHook, the files are on your memory stick and not flashed to the PSP so it is much easier to change the gameboot.

This just simply replaces the gameboot.pmf. A .pmf file is only a video file. There really is no harm. Just make sure whatever .pmf file you want to use is under 1MB in size. FOr instance, the POP gameboot is around 550kb

And yes, it just changes that boring & repetitive opening screen that you get when you start a game. There are other gameboots you can use from DAXTER, EA Sports, etc. etc. You just have to find them or extract them yourself from your UMD games.

DCEmu Pro

its impossible to brick via gameboot. its just an intro movie it plays while loading a game. the worst that happens, is an error sound, error notification, followed by no video played until u get around to fixing it

Thank you Voltron, much appreciated.

DCEmu Newbie

The new psp-hacks devhook .43 custom pkg by chaoszero has a great Bleach boot up!Best one ive seen so far!

DCEmu Newbie

This works on 2.6 TA-082 right and if so can i get a little help on how to do it?

DCEmu Regular

Prince of Persia Revelations? I can't find a gameboot.pmf file. Where is is located? all I can find is an icon1.pmf in like 2 places...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information