Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-Dogs or Cyberdogs Port

DCEmu Coder

Default Re: C-Dogs or Cyberdogs Port

Apparently the "die as soon as you start" thing is a bug. Go to the options screen, and change the player HP to something else. Then change it back. Problem solved.

and people still having problems can use something called dosbox i know nothing about it somebody let me know about it and he said running warcraft II worked so i don't think running C-Dogs on that should be a problem but next step is to see if this beauty can play on the dc

This actually has nothing to do with C-Dogs i just wanted to ask a quick question with a yes or no can VC++ games be ported to DC?

DCEmu Coder

Depends.

If they heavily use the Win32 API, have loads of Windows-isms, and use DirectX, the answer is probably "no".

The compiler used makes little difference (although code that compiles on VC++ doesn't necessarily compile on GCC, and code that works on GCC doesn't always work on VC++) - it's mostly how the thing's written. Quake, for example, uses VC++ for the Windows version, but works fine on the Dreamcast because it's highly portable, and uses GCC for all the other versions anyway.

I would just like to ask not being impatient or nothing just wondering who is actually working on this one cause i am not sure if people think i am a coder and i am working i have no knowledge in that area nor do i have a coders cable

DCEmu Coder

As far as I know, nobody's working on it at the moment. I'd have a go if I had some free time, but I don't at the moment.

DCEmu Newbie

i can't get this to work at the mo, but from the screen shots it looks a lot like Alien Syndrome. is that right, cos if so I'll put more effort into getting it to run?

Sorry i should have gave a little more info about the game. *This game is a bird eyes view shooter game. where you kill well yeah aliens but if thats the reason it gave you hints to alien syndrome your wrong. not that, that game is no good its pretty good aswell. back to C-Dogs though you have to find keys to unlock doors to little rooms where you find information to complete your missions. if i can remember you have infinit ammo in this one well i think until your score drops to a complete 0 and then you have failed your mission. *Its an amazing game if you would like to see the pc version i can put a link if you like so you get a little bit more of a hint on what your working on.

Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information