Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 revealed

General games Sonic the Hedgehog 4 revealed

via Computer and Video Games

Sega has officially lifted the lid on Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - formerly known as Project Needlemouse, which as promised takes the blue sprinter back to his roots in a 2D platformer.

Headed for PS3, 360 and Wii as a downloadable title, Sega's describes the game as the "first part in a much larger adventure".

The game takes the original 2D platform mechanics of classic Sonic and refreshes it all with shiny 3D. No mention of a release other than 2010.

Here's the first teaser trailer (via GameSpot):

That would be great if the team behind Sonic CD still worked at Sega.

Anyhow, Sega never really stopped making 2D Sonic titles. There are a few on the GBA, DS, and maybe other systems, so this isn't really as cool as a 2D Mario come back...

...now if this were Alex Kidd or Monster World, I'd be psyched!

But can this Sega still produce the goods like old Sega did? the WII and Ps3 versions have motion controls so hopefully they not just throwing these features in and spoil what old Sonic is.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

if its anyway decent, I'll get it on XBLA

Also the first reviews for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing are coming it the first being 83%. It made by sumo digital who are generally good, so i might get that too.

DCEmu Regular

Nice promo video, very nice in fact makes me want to download it lol

paul

Blog Entries

Hopefully there will be a demo on the PlayStation Store... Because something tells me that even if this looks good, it will be somewhat terrible considering the poor efforts of releases from SEGA over the past seven years.

I am totally psyched for this title, been waiting for it since Sonic & Knuckles aka Sonic 3 Part II, lol. Sega has been coming out with some decent titles as of late (I mean very very very recent).

The DS and GBA games, although pretty good, don't have the same sensation of speed as the Genesis games (how many people where going so fast that the screen had a . If they are using that game engine, and tweaking it to work with this title, I will literally and figuratively $#@! a blue turkey with quills while it is spindashing.

Me thinks no Psp and Pc version yet because they so easily downloaded for free, but very few have Ps3 and 360 hacked so you can use XBL and PSN content, and i've got no interest in paying for XBL subscription so am hoping for Psp version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by symbal View Post
    Me thinks no Psp and Pc version yet because they so easily downloaded for free
    Quote Originally Posted by symbal View Post
    i've got no interest in paying for XBL subscription so am hoping for Psp version.
    Thief! :rofl:

No just not willing to pay £40 a year when i never play games online, and strangely enough all my 360 and Ps2 games are originals, but i'm not even going to attempt to defend my Psp thievery because i own 8 of the games i like most and hell knows how many i downloaded, but hey 90% of my Psp time is homebrew anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information