Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop telling complete Newbies to Downgrade

Default Stop telling complete Newbies to Downgrade

Really most Newbies just don't know about the GTA exploit and just need to be pointed in the right direction, I know it's a pain in the a$$ when you get asked 100 times a day, but not all of the newbs are lazy or stupid.

If you don't know squat about it, it can be a daunting task, when you don't know what to look for.

And instead of typing a response telling them to downgrade right away, (since you are typing a response anyway), why not try to help out and THEN maybe suggest downgrading, and pointing them in the direction of a downgrade guide.

You have no reason to b!tch about newbies if you are replying to their questions. You are the ones who took the time to reply. It's your choice to ignore them, no one made you reply.

yeah your right

DCEmu Regular

I am guessing most would want to downgrade anyways, knowing the limitations of the GTA exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Lotus
    I am guessing most would want to downgrade anyways, knowing the limitations of the GTA exploit.
    Oh I agree Crimson, especially since I am one of the poor b@stards who has a 2.6 factory with a TA motherboard, who can't afford to get another PSP.

I would love to downgrade, but can't yet.

I just think we should try to help first.

LOL and when I say we, I mean everybody but me, cause I still don't know very much. JK I would help as much as I could.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by LeperMessiah
    Oh I agree Crimson, especially since I am one of the poor b@stards who has a 2.6 factory with a TA motherboard, who can't afford to get another PSP.

I would love to downgrade, but can't yet.

I just think we should try to help first.

LOL and when I say we, I mean everybody but me, cause I still don't know very much. JK I would help as much as I could.
    Poor you. I upgraded to 2.7, big mistake. I need to buy one too I planned on getting either a White PSP and hope it has 2.0 for the tiff exploit.. or fork for a 1.5 black PSP off of someone.

i bought a 2.00 black psp from ebay. and with the help of VettaCossX ive not only downgraded but learnt a lot about the psp.ive also found a few websites, one in particular that (albeit pretty badly) shows you video's of how to do it (they do it way too fast for me tbh)

i was a complete n00b and still am, but im learning. like i downgraded, got Devhook working and playing my 2.5 umd's and my iso's (which i dumped by the way!!! - so i cant be banned. i dont believe in getting games for free, but i do agree with being able to play games on trains without lugging tonnes of disks around with me).

my main ms is now full of some crap i dont know what its for, but im too scared to delete it as i have a lot of stuff on there i like.

help the n00bs out as we wont forget who it was that aided us!

People have the choice whether to or not to downgrade. But there are sticky and tutorials in this same website that tell you how to downgrade and take you step bi step. I agree with all the comments though first thing is try to help the newbie if people realize want to call them that Just because they have little post doesn't make them newbs to the psp they might know more then people with 1000 post so lets not insult there intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    People have the choice whether to or not to downgrade. But there are sticky and tutorials in this same website that tell you how to downgrade and take you step bi step. I agree with all the comments though first thing is try to help the newbie if people realize want to call them that Just because they have little post doesn't make them newbs to the psp they might know more then people with 1000 post so lets not insult there intelligence.
    yea!! lol. but to be fair, on my problem ive just had i went that far panicking i removed my UMD... pretty stupid i know because if it cant turn on it wont load, but i work in computers.... stranger things have happened.

the guides on here are excellent, but if anyone needs another place to go about downgrading, i can point them in the right direction for a movie showing them it works.

Downgrading is NOT hard! anyone with some determination and free time can learn experiment with GTA + downgrading very fast. and there are lots of guides and simple downgrading packages. people tell noobies to downgrade because they don't want them to do a stupid thing like upgrade to 2.71 or just wanna help out.

Quote Originally Posted by dalejrrocks
    ...people tell noobies to downgrade because they don't want them to do a stupid thing like upgrade to 2.71 or just wanna help out.

Sorry but I disagree, most people I believe tell Newbies to downgrade because they don't want to have to get into a lengthy explanation of how to resolve the problem. I think it's a way that some members b!tch about the newbs. It's an easy way out to simply say, "Downgrade".

But if you think about it, some people call Newbs idiots, which is totally asinine, because they are called Newbies on the assumption that they are new and therefore don't know better.

But who's more the idiot? The newbie who doesn't know better and is legitimately lost in the homebrew world, or the person who posted the reply to downgrade because he/she is sick of answering the same damn questions over and over again, even though he/she had the choice to not answer at all.

All I'm saying is that if you want to bring people into the community and have it group, don't be pretentious, don't be elitest, and if you're going to reply to a newbie with "downgrade", show a little respect and at the very least post them a damn link to a downgrading guide. This site it seems to me, (correct me if I'm wrong), is to promote and sustain the growth of homebrew, by teaching, informing and helping.

And it is a fine site. I come here on a daily basis and enjoy the posts, enjoy the homebrew, but see Newbs sometimes being treated like dirt and that just p!sses me off. I was, (or am), a newb once and so were ALL of you.

THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF IGNORANCE IN THIS WORLD. AND ONLY 1 IS EXCUSABLE AND THAT IS THE TYPE WHERE YOU ARE NEW AND HAVE NOT BEEN TAUGHT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information