Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Devhook 0.44- UMD Version (2.71 firmware on 1.5 PSP'S!!)

*Beautiful light shines down from the heavens*

seeing as we have only got this far because of 2.6 kernal access, allowing the encryption to be broken. im thankful that 2.60 - 2.71 have the same encryptio n method, but now all sony have to do is make a new encryption method and were stuck again. i think that an exploit will be needed to gain internal access in order to break that, so it will be a long wait

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks alot....i've been waiting for this program since i first updated to 2.6

OK this emu works great for me but i just found something out. I was going to use one of mi file assist apps that i have on the psp. And now all mi file assist apps don't work. and I'm back to 1.50 mode I'm not in any higher firm ware when trying to use them. i re installed them and they still wont work what went wrong any ideas any one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe
    No but, it'll probably let you play it on an emulated v2.60 / v2.71 though...
    Hurr hurr, good one. Thanks for the valued input. I figured that the whole "emulating Daxter's required firmware" was assumed, since that is basically what this program does, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sroon
    Daxter works!
    everything works!
    also i like your sig!
    Thanks man, I appreciate the reply. I think it is time for me to go from 2.0 > 1.5 this weekend.

By the way, has anyone tried Street Fighter using this version of DevHook? I seem to remember there being some problems playing this game with DevHook... maybe it was that the sound didn't work right?

where did everyone find the decyrpted file
    im tryin to get 2.71 but can find the reboot.bin
    can anyone pm me a link or atleast give me what you searched for in google or whatever.

ok so i found it- but it has reboot.bin.enc and reboot.bin.gzip - which one do i use?

A month ago none of this was possible if you were like me with a 2.6 PSP. Can you imagine how happy I am I now have a 1.5 homebrew compatible PSP with 2.7 emulation. Amazing. All the guys that helped to make all this possible deserve to be rich!!!

Sony please realize we all LOVE our PSPs so stop trying to kill this vibrant scene that has achieved things that you never thought was possible. Homebrew forever!!!

*a coulmn of light shines down on the psp homebrew scene*

PSP User

You know what's ironic, this was originally released as a tool for ISOs, UMD piracy in other words. But, it's actually the only reason I'm buying UMD games in the first place.

this is like the greastest thing ever i found it on psp-hacks like a day before it was on here and the 2.7 fw i have is like so cool with a custom boot sound a boot vid and flash player an wma play back enabled finally my wma play back is ..back lol very great work on this guys and i cant wait for the new fw to come out so it can be cracked too lol keep it up and cant wait till the ps1 emu comes out so i can possibly play it on a 1.5 so sony will be even more pissed

Thread Information