Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Devhook 0.44- UMD Version (2.71 firmware on 1.5 PSP'S!!)

Is your dh folder in the root (The first section of your memory stick) of your memory stick? Try running it without loco-roco in the drive. Devhook works for me, so I really can't see the problem.

DCEmu Newbie

dh folder is in the root, got reboot.bin file in the 271 folder, etc.

Tried loading without UMd in the drive, still got the error.

:'(

~M

If you installed with the ultimate installer, I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. My last thing would be to erase all the devhook files off your memory stick and then reinstall with the ultimate installer.

DCEmu Newbie

Ha, I'll have to try that in the morning. Too tired to think straight now

~M

P.S., thanks for your help, I'll post if it works/doesn't work!

Just installed DH0.45 which claims to support Homebrew launching from emulated 2.71fw.

The eboots have to be recompiled to work but there is a version of NesterJ that has been recompiled for this and it works a treat.

Incredible.

DCEmu Newbie

Woo, deleting and reinstalling worked!

Thanks for your help Cooe14.

Just need to get NesterJ and get homebrew working in 2.71 now, then I'll be a happy bunny.

Thanks!

~M

EDIT: How exactly did you get homebrew to work on 2.71 SweetFA? My snes emu won't load says data is corrupt. You say you used a version of NesterJ to recompile the eboots for the emulators, could you link me?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylo
    Woo, deleting and reinstalling worked!

Thanks for your help Cooe14.

Just need to get NesterJ and get homebrew working in 2.71 now, then I'll be a happy bunny.

Thanks!

~M

EDIT: How exactly did you get homebrew to work on 2.71 SweetFA? My snes emu won't load says data is corrupt. You say you used a version of NesterJ to recompile the eboots for the emulators, could you link me?

Thanks.
    The emus need to be recompiled, you can't do it yourself unless you have the source code and a software development kit.

There's a NesterJ (NES emulator) that has been recompiled to work, google for it.

I don't know of any more yet, only a matter of time though.

DCEmu Newbie

Ah ok, well, just havta keep rebooting for the time being.

~M

Quote Originally Posted by LAMPRO
    where should the rss folder be and what should be in it?

what do u like about rss, what feeds do u have/like?

squid give me some other tips on whats hot on the 2.71: rss, etc..

thanks..
    Ok, so i'm guessing that u haven't attempted to use the RSS yet. So to answer ur question it should be in the "SYSTEM" folder, since it's not going to be there (unless u did attempt to use it ofcourse) make a folder named "RSSCH", u can't add ur own things, it saves them a certain way.

well there's a program called MyTunes RSS, it basically turns ur iTunes playlists into an RSS feed, so u can download a 2Kb file and have 1000's of songs. the program is a little difficult to use, and there's something on the homepage about it. But i used the support email to get it working.

What else is hot? Well, u can run evry game in existence. Loco Roco. Flash in the web browser. new audio and video codecs. If u have the $200 piece of equipment, then u can watch TV. And then because all of the firmware is on the memorystick, u can edit the firmwares gameboot and sound, and some other stuff if u know how to.

i tried the rss and clikd the sample feed to see whats up, i guess it creates the folder at that point. the itunes feed sounds cool, ima look into that.. was looking for a radio feed via rss - is that possible? where can i find and enable rss feeds? its cool but i usually jus use my ipod for music and psp for vids and brew/umd- 2.71 DH has a bunch of new stuff for me to explore and after a couple days i cant express to anyone enuff how glad i am i never updated fw's. To emu 2.71 is cool, but it doesnt come close to the personal value i have on the 1.5. thanks squid for those notes and help.. stay cool homie. lol.

Thread Information