Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004

Its my honour to officially announce the Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004 Coding Competition.[br][br]The Competition is a joint competition for the Dreamcast and Gamepark 32 Scenes with DCEmu UK & GP32 Xtreme being the hosts and Lik Sang are the sponsors of this competition.[br][br]Competition Details [br][br]The first Dream Coding Grand Prix will be a multi-tiered contest. The competitions are as follows.[br][br]Childrens Game/Learning Contest[br][br]This is the main competition, the basic goal of this contest is to produce Games, tools apps etc that can be used as a learning device/ educational tool for children. There will be a First, Second and Third Prize for this Contest.[br][br]Beats of Rage Mod Contest[br][br]This is the secondary competition, the goal of this competition is to produce excellent Beats of Rage mods to be used primarily on the Dreamcast and Gamepark 32 but also on systems like the Playstation 2 and Tapwave Zodiac. There will be a first and second prize for this contest.[br][br]Minor/Special Awards [br][br]In addition to the two main competitions we also have four minor awards, [br][br]Most Original Release[br]Best Work from a Newcomer[br]Best Artwork in a game[br]Best CD Cover/BoxArt for Game[br][br][br]The four minor awards apply to both competitions above, so for example if you make a Beats of Rage Mod and someone else makes a CD Cover/Box Art for it they can win the special award.[br][br]Main Prize[br][br]The winner of the main competition will win[br][br]Neo Geo Pocket Color w/ 6 games[br]Feet of Fury for DC[br]Soul Calibur for DC[br]DC Mini Twin Joysticks[br]Sonic Fan Pack[br]GP32 Mug [br][br]Time for Comp[br][br]The contest will run from September 30th, 2004 to December 30th, 2004.[br]The contest will end at midnight, GMT, (the beginning of December 30th, 2004). [br][br]Full details on this competition can be found on the Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004 Page.[br][br]All questions and entries should be directed to the Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004 Official Forum. [br][br]Let the coding Begin

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004

we have lift off

Dream Coder

As long as I can finish it(or start it =P), i have a great idea for this =).
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Regular

Who are the judges ?

Blog Entries

Thats To Be Announced soon

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

just to make it clear from the start for bor modders

The entry cannot contain any copyrighted elements without express written permission of the copyright holder (images, sounds, music, etc.)

there are sites that give u pictures and sound that are royalty free, which u could use.

Interesting.

The learning game should be to design which I need to find someone to help make it.

But the Beats of Rage? In other words make a street or rage or final fight game? I think beats of rage was a disappointment and I expected it to have the moves of the king of fighter characters but instead they have a few weak moves. The best beat-em-up game is Final Fight 3 since that has many moves like a fighting game.

Well I hope people make games that are worth playing and not just some fancy art game that is worth only to try out, since many games that I see that are in compos fall short.

DCEmu Newbie

i have a mod of mine, i just finished working on it, it's called Hyper Final Fight, how can i participate and send this?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Mr.Q, i'm sorry but hyper final fight, is a great mod, but can not be entered into this contest because it has copyrighted images in it sorry.
    The entry cannot contain any copyrighted elements without express written permission of the copyright holder (images, sounds, music, etc.)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information