Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Modchip Review Sham - Worrying for Newbs

Some of the things quickjump does makes me laugh. Some of it is just sickening.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_psp
    Some of the things quickjump does makes me laugh. Some of it is just sickening.
    Ditto on the hypocrisy here.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Well today the 2nd site has posted that the review was actually a Press Release that was sent out
    BTW - had you actually bothered to READ the "review" before going on the offensive, you'd find that its not a review at all. Its a how-to. A fact sheet. No where does it review the product. Why should we not take information and images given to us by the manufacturers and post about it so readers can have more info about it? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that (other than the fact that you're upset that it wasn't sent to you too).

Now, as far as being paid to post such material, I agree - that's pretty shady. But since there was absolutely no payment involved with QJ's posting of it, its not really an issue (altho we feel a bit suckered. ).

So, I have to wonder - other than your own personal bias, exactly why is this "news" on your site? It seems like the only time you can be bothered to post anything that isn't a copy-paste from a readme/other site is when you're crying about something.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bossmanuk
    Hmm...Wait a minute - Doesn't DCEMU post press releases copy/paste and other stuff?

I'd say 90% of stuff posted on DCEMU is a simple copy/paste job, whether it be a readme from a homebrew app, a press release, or news from another site.
    I have no problem with the copy/paste on this website cause they always give the link to the source...

I also use other psp related website...I think you guy should be more united...You are complementary.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 10shu
    I have no problem with the copy/paste on this website cause they always give the link to the source...
    Oh really?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29134

That program was emailed into QJ and nowhere else. Kaiser even sourced it properly, but Wragg intentionally removed it because of his personal grudge.

DCEmu Newbie

At least other sites bother to edit press releases slightly. DCEMU press releases are always exactly copy/pasted, meaning they sound like an advertisement.

Tomorrow, wait for a DCEMU posted press release and I'll post the link to the same press release on another site that has just been written up instead of copy/pasted.

DCEMU has a good community, the devs here are great. However, the site management/posting staff...I won't even go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossmanuk
    At least other sites bother to edit press releases slightly. DCEMU press releases are always exactly copy/pasted, meaning they sound like an advertisement.

Tomorrow, wait for a DCEMU posted press release and I'll post the link to the same press release on another site that has just been written up instead of copy/pasted.

DCEMU has a good community, the devs here are great. However, the site management/posting staff...I won't even go there.
    besides the community.... why are you here then? dont find too much sense in it if you think/know that dcemu are copy/pasters. its also never good to bash the site youre posting on if its your main stomping grounds.

sorry. not tryin to flame.

DCEmu Newbie

I don't like hypocrites, thats why I'm here; to point that out to some of the dcemu members. Don't bash other sites if this one does the same.

Personally I think DCEMU is the best site around for impartial information (I have trawled the others in the past ) Ive found their reviews factual and usefull (for my part)

damn pspupdates did this lol, people should only make fun of pspupdates, their writers are lame, their news is weeks months old usually, and they have so many ads on their site its terrible, damn they suck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information