Thread: Dream Coding Grand Prix Possible Expansion

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Dream Coding Grand Prix Possible Expansion

With 2 months left until the Dream Coding Grand Prix is over ive been thinking that for the Beats of Rage side of the competition to expand the competition to cover Doom and Quake Mods too, the mods must follow the same strict rules as what we already have for the Beats of Rage Comp but expanding to cover Doom and Quake Mod/Total Conversions.[br][br]Ill decide tonight what to do so if you have an opinion let me know by replying to this topic.(click the comments below)[br][br]The Doom/Quake Mod should of course work on the Dreamcast/GP32 via one of the ports to either console.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dream Coding Grand Prix Possible Expansion

lets hear those opinions

I think expanding the contest is a pretty good idea. So far, we have yet to see even one mod under development that meets the strict requirements of the contest (there are two mods that were being developed with completely original sprites, but they used copyrighted backgrounds). With only two months left in the contest, it seems that we may have 0 entries in that side of the contest, as it would take at least that long to generate an entirely original set of graphics from scratch. I think a friend of mine may begin work on one very soon, but I don't know if two months is long enough to even release anything but a short one-level demo.

Possibly, we could not ony expand it to include Quake and Doom mods, but also extend the length of that part of the contest, since we have yet to even see one qualifying entry.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i plan making a mod, (havn't actually started yet :P) i think i going to do flash style graphics, if u know what i mean. they would be easier to draw. hopefully i will get something done this weekend

Thread Information