Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do i start?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Where do i start?

ok i am totally new to thye porting of emulation. The only experiance i have of emulation is that of using the project 64 and the virtual boy advance programmes. I am planning to buy a psp but here is a question.
    Do i have to buy a special kind of psp to play emulators?
    also do i need to purchase specific stuff to get my emulators running?
    and last. Can someone please give me a good explanation of how to do it all from scratch?
    Thanks please do reply...

you need to have a 1.5 firmware you can downgrade from 2.0 and 2.5/2.6 if you buy a psp yours could come ta 082 motherboard which means you cant downgrade and it may come installed with factory firmware installed at 2.6 already

in other words... practicly all psps found in a store... can't... try ebay..

or you can get any psp... and use the mod chip

DCEmu Old Pro

u are a smart noob checking before going i had to return my psp and a new one for not checking so here goes this is what you need

A PSP installed with firmware 1.50,1.51.1.52
    P.S. It can have firmware 2.0,2.5,2.6 also but u got a risk of the psp being a ta-082 mother board so go for the 1.5 1.51 and 1.52

heres some ropes

WHATS FIRMWARE?

firmware is the operating system of ure psp hence youll have diffrent versions of it kinda like windows 98 200 xp ya ya

WHY DO WE AIM FOR A LOWER ONE?

well according to sony the programs you see here are illegal (pssh ya its gay isnt it?) sony had implemented security measures on the 1.51 and higher and no emulators or programs will be able to run (not at full speed anyway)

I HAVE 1.51,1.52 yada yada HOW THE HELL CAN I GET IT DOWN?

currently there are two downgraders the 2.0 and 2.6 downgraders i suggest the 2.0 one to be better than 2.60 but meh it doesnt really matter get your psp updated to one of these firmwares via www.psphacks.com look for the firmware dumps

YOU NEED THE VER 1.5 TO USE HOMEBREW LOOK FOR THE DOWNGRADER GUIDE HERE FOR DOWNGRADING HELP!

Now since u have a 1.5 firmware you ready to download homebrew (emulators if u call it) when u get a download ull have to files eg monkey and monkey% go to the root of youre mem stick which is to say it the start of ure memorystick go to the psp folder and make a folder called GAME if you have one gj now go into it and put the two files in it
    taadaa go back to the menu of ure psp then go to game and then excute the file there you have hombrew

Tips on homebrew

1. if you see only one file its probably for firmware 1.0 get kxploit or no-kxploit patcher or the POC firmware tweak to run it

2. if its emulators you want snes9xTYL is currently the only thing that emulates the console well (snes is super ninentedo) all other ones are slow and buggy sorry but thats developing for yea

3. avoid flashing unless you need to cuz this messes with ure systems operating files and if u mess up ure psp is dead finished which called a brick

4. How do u know if u got what firmware? go to settings in your psp then go to system information and boom ull see you current firmware ver is

5. HOW CAN YOU TELL WHAT PSP VER FROM OUTSIDE OF THE BOX?P.S. THIS FROM MAXCONSOLE FORUMS NOT ME ITS IS COPYRIGHT UNDER THERE NAME AND AUTHOR!! PIC TOO

Courtesy of Smurff

The following motherboards are either capable or not capable with the new 2.60/2.50 downgrader and MPH downgrader 2.0 to 1.50.

CAPABLE:

1CB001
    1C6001
    1C9001
    No Code

NOT CAPABLE:

1C1003 a.k.a TA-082

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    What Firmware PSP am I buying?

Codes:

No letter = 1.0 (Japanese Release) 1.5 (North-American release) confirmed
    A = 1.5 confirmed
    B = 1.51 confirmed
    C = 1.52 confirmed
    D = 1.52 confirmed
    E = 1.52 confirmed
    F = 2.0 confirmed
    G = 2.01 confirmed
    H = 2.50 confirmed
    I = 2.60 confirmed

so ure ready to start homebrew i can add to this mini guid if some parts confuse you kk? see ya tetris999

P.S. a copy of my mini guide to homebrew read it

DCEmu Newbie

ok so all i have to do is buy a 1.5 firmware psp off ebay and then just put the roms on the root of my mem stick.
    Is that right?

Go to a local shop and see if they got a used one. I found my friend a 2.0 system at a local shop used for $150.00 and have downgraded it for him and set it all up. Plus you can get to see the unit first hand and your not going to get stuck paying the premium like on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaux
    ok so all i have to do is buy a 1.5 firmware psp off ebay and then just put the roms on the root of my mem stick.
    Is that right?
    Yes buy a 1.5 psp, but you put your emulators and the roms for them in a root:/PSP/GAME folder.

You can buy any PSP version, Except a 2.7, just to be precise.

Every version except 2.7+ can be downgraded to a 1.5 fairly easily. So there's no reason to keep looking for a 1.5 if you can find a 2.0 or even a 2.6.

Quote Originally Posted by csd-san
    You can buy any PSP version, Except a 2.7, just to be precise.

Every version except 2.7+ can be downgraded to a 1.5 fairly easily. So there's no reason to keep looking for a 1.5 if you can find a 2.0 or even a 2.6.
    Except for the fact that most 2.6 psps in store have a TA-082 motherboard which CAN'T be downgraded. So looking for a 1.5 is still a very good option.

go to a store that bearly sells psp's withetters startin A, B, C, D, those leters can be found on the right side of the box. ask the person so you can check it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information