Thread: "Unsupported firmware" screen takes over, apparently makes my PSP useless?

DCEmu Newbie

Default "Unsupported firmware" screen takes over, apparently makes my PSP useless?

I just got done installing custom firmware via pandora today. I have gen-b 5.50 now.

I tried to install IRshell and run the program but I get a "unsupported firmware detected - please restart psp" message. This happened when i tried to run it on chickHEN gen-c as well.

The difference is when it happened in gen-c via chickHEN I would restart my PSP and it would return to the regular PSP firmware.

Now when I restart, the same "unsupported firmware" screen comes up again every time. The only other thing I can access on the psp is the recovery menu - but whe nI run the recovery program - you guessed it - the psp restarts and brings up the same "unsupported firmware" screen.

I had read in another forum that somebody else who had this problem pressed all the buttons on his psp and it restarted and fixed the problem. I noticed that if I press L, R, and the four main buttons on the right my psp would restart. . . . . . . . . to the same "unsupported firmware" screen yet again.

What the heck?! This is NOT cool. I just dropped $110 bucks on this thing plus probably another $150 in games, memory sticks, etc. That is a lot of money to spend for the device to just stop working over something this stupid.

Is there a way to fix this? And why is it that this is happening? I've read about other people getting the "unupported firmware" screen but either being able to restart into the normal XMB or being able to get back to normal through the recovery mode (or the reset button combo thing I mentioned above). NONE of this is working for me. I'm freaking out a bit. I would really, really like to know how to save my psp.

any ideas?

DCEmu Newbie

I feel like a fool.

Not 30 seconds after posting this I tried the restart button combo again - but held it this time instead of just pressing it and letting go. I'm back at the XMB. THANK GOD - I was really scared that I'd lost my PSP.

sorry for wasting the forum space - maybe its not a waste though. If somebody else has this issue maybe they'll come across this post and get the solution.

Thread Information