Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed for the newbie

Default Help needed for the newbie

Well, tommorow I'm going to pick up a PSP, primarily for music and running homebrew/emulators. I work at a video game store, so I can get probably any firmware version needed, but I need to what the easiest firmware versions there are to run emulators and homebrew, and a basic understanding of what is involved in getting them to do what I want. I'd rather not brick my psp. Also, is there any emulators out there that can run minor pc games? Stuff like X-com and such which is already abandon-ware.

Sorry for the ridiculous question but I don't havea whole lot of time to flip throught threads.

Try to get a 1.5 those can play homebrew and music if you cant get a 1.5. if you can't get then get a 2.0 or 2.01 those can be down graded, some newer firmwares can be downgrader but i dont know how to tell. to get homebrew to work just copy the homebrew into your game folder of the psp

get anything less than 2.5. that can be upgraded/downgraded all the way down to 1.00.

DCEmu Newbie

I've posted this is another thread, but that's unlikely to be replied.
    Now, as you can see, I'm a complete newbie - if this bothers you, then please don't reply.

I thought this would be a good thread to find a sympathetic ear.
    I just bought a disc containing hundreds of games and other software, including firmware downgrades to 1.5. However, my PSP is 2.5 and I don't own GTA:LCS.

Can somebody please just tell me how I can play these hundreds of games on my PSP?

Thank you very much in advance.

BTW, I have bought a 2GB memory stick, and have downloaded several torrent file games. Is there an easy way to play these?

Also, as I've seen elsewhere in the forum, after the hours I have spent attempting to understand the new homebrew world, the games I have managed to put on have turned up to be 'Corrupted Files'. Help?

ALSO...the downgrade software on the discs appears to be out-of-date, and I'm not really willing to risk my PSP on something designed to downgrade from 2.00-->1.5.
    Is there a way to play these games without a downgrade, and would it help that I am half-willing to fork out for GTA?

Thanks again.

no warez go away
    im being polite...
    for now!

yep. no ISO's either. haha. you got scammed out of your money by buying something.

DCEmu Newbie

So, how do I play ISO's?

Quote Originally Posted by schmam121
    So, how do I play ISO's?
    Give me a "B", Give me an "A", Give me a "NN", Give me a "E", Give me a "D". What's that spell ? BANNED.

Cooe14 Like the cheer.LOL

DCEmu Newbie

Why do you feel the need to be a $#@!y elitest arrogant ****wit?! There was a time when you were new to this, perhaps you should...I dunno, gain empathy? Yeah, that's it.
    Being an evolved human being as I am, I can normally tell when somebody is in need, without use of $#@!ty little retorts like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information