Thread: Chrono Trigger Snes9xTYL password section?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Chrono Trigger Snes9xTYL password section?

Has anyone played Chrono Trigger through using snes9xTYL? There is a section where it requires you to hold L+R and then press A. Even remapping the buttons, it doesn't seem to work.

Doing a search here, there was one other person who had the same issue but the discussion was off in another direction so I have no idea what the outcome was.

Anyone know if there is currently a way around that section or is that something we'll have to wait for an update for?

TIA!

Keep trying, you have to press the keys at the EXACT same time (Which is hard since there is a delay when using an emulator). I had trouble with that scene in ZSNES but eventually got it.

If you still can't get it to work, then PM me the save and I'll do it for you.
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

Quote Originally Posted by BelmontSlayer
    Keep trying, you have to press the keys at the EXACT same time (Which is hard since there is a delay when using an emulator). I had trouble with that scene in ZSNES but eventually got it.

If you still can't get it to work, then PM me the save and I'll do it for you.
    I agree. OH love your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    I agree. OH love your sig.
    Thanks. I'm a big fan of Crowley's works, too bad he's not appreciated as much nowadays. Most people think he was a Satanist. Some people are just plain stupid...
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

I haven't played CT on PSP, but.. Why don't you transfer the save file and play that part on your computer and save it again after it's done and then transfer it back to your PSP ? I think snes9x save files are backward compatibility (between PC and PSP version).

DCEmu Newbie

Cool, thanks for the advice. I'll keep trying it for a while to see if I can get it. Failing that, I'll see what I can do with the save.
    Thanks!

Edit: In case this turns up in a search for anyone else there is an easy fix. SOLUTION - IN SNES Tyl, simply map the L, R and A buttons to one PSP button (like O) and then press that one button at the right place (the console with the sparkle). The command will register perfectly and then you can just remap your controls an continue.

Thread Information