Answering the age-old question of what to buy a Mac fanboy who has everything, eBay user heylookitskibbe has put a stolen, broken step from the 5th Avenue Apple store up for sale with a buy-it-now price of $2,500.
The eBay seller says:
"They replaced it with a new one after a customer dropped a snapple bottle on it and cracked it. I picked it up before it could be thrown out over a year ago, figuring it's a collectible.
When these are new, they cost 10K to buy from the German glass-makers. So, since it's cracked I figure it's worth at least $2500, considering the steps are all custom ordered.
You could use it as a coffee table on top of some cinder blocks, or just keep it for the sake of keeping it.
Unfortunately, I can't deliver it. You'll need to come pick it up in Brooklyn, NY, and I recommend you bring a car and a friend or two. It weighs about 250 lbs. It's about 10 layers of very thick glass.
If you're a collector of Apple memorabilia, you've got to have this. I know for a fact that only three of them exist outside of the retail stores' circulation, and this is one of them. So, needless to say, it's rare. I doubt it if you'll ever see something like this again."
Two thousand and five hundred dollars. Needless to say, the opening bid stands at $700 with no takers yet. Or, now you know it takes a fallen Snapple bottle to bring down the mighty stairs of Apple. [eBay via 9 to 5 Mac]

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...