Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is DS for PSP not possible?

Question Why is DS for PSP not possible?

Even though just a dream, is it in any way possible to create a NDS emulator for PSP, something that would blow away its rival for good?

Or is it something about not having near enough power as the DS?

Just list the reason that it cannot be done.

yeah why?

DCEmu Regular

The PSP doesn't have a touchscreen. I'm pretty sure the PSP is more powerful, but that doesn't mean it can emulate it. I guess it might be able to do a few things, but it would be craptastic.

psp 333 mhz
    ds 100 mhz
    (n64 94 mhz(?))

and no touch screen
    2 screens

------------------

analog stick wouldnt work.. because u could move it to select the position.... but how do u make the psp know where to start? or when u are pushing down or where u end up

First of all it's not nearly powerful enough (the only reason it can do N64 is because they share an extremly similar mips processor). The second reason is that the psp's screen isn't a touch screen. And last of all the psp dosen't have two screens so it would look really messed up and distorted to have the psp's screen spilt in half. Just go buy a DS lite, they are awesome.

It may be possible to recreate a semi-reasonabe control mechanic, and even use the screen vertically to show both DS screens on one, but consider that despite Zx-81's hard work and near tireless efforts on the GBA front... imagine the workload necessary to tackle the DS. Perhaps not impossible, but not as likely that any capable coder would want to.

Of course, many didnt beleive an N64 emulator could be possible, yet...

For a touchscreen, the analog stick would work as a cursor, and how, well, psp coders have done far more incredible things. For pressing down, a button would have to control that.

P.S. I have a DS as well, and its awesome! thats why i'd want it for PSP.

Ya know i really don't see this going anywhere. But like you said many people thought there wouldn't be a N64. I was not one of them tho. But if you think about it...Its possible but someone would really want it done like a coder. It would be hard but in the end i could see a descent emulater come out of it. Only problem you would want a coder who wanted it just as much as you. If you got that your set. See i all ready have a DS lite so i wouldn't care that much. Another thing to keep in mind...Something like this actualy happening would be a blow to Nintendo's stomach. I don't know about you but even tho i have other consoles. I still like Nintendo and always have even when i was young. When i was 4 yrs old i had a super nintendo loved the hell out of it. And look now they are still around. So i have respect for Nintendo and if emualting a DS on a PSP would hurt the company. I think it is better left not done or at least until nintendo isn't making money on that console anymore. And have released a new console. But again thats just my point of view.

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Besides, it would be crap, large, and if you run backups AND have the system, just take the system and enjoy it all touchscreen and...all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information