The average number of hours spent per week on online gaming is up 10 percent, to 8 hours a week, according to the results of a study released by the NPD Group today.
"While the percentage of the population that reports playing games has declined slightly, this study details other metrics which point to both stability and growth in both online and offline gaming," said Anita Frazier, industry analyst, The NPD Group.
The PC remains the most-used system for online gaming, according to the report, with 85 percent of online gamers reporting using a PC for online gaming activities.
For consoles, the Xbox 360 was the top video game system used for online gaming at 48%. In contrast to 2009, when Wii was leading over PS3 by 8 percentage points, PS3 and Wii are now neck and neck, with about 30 percent of online gamers reporting that they use each system for online gaming.
How much time do you think you spend online gaming? I suspect a bulk of my gameplay occurs online, if you don't include the iPhone, which is almost all offline for me.

</img> </img> </img> </img>

More...