Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are You Paying For Homebrew ?

No, I don't.

Isn't this illegal? I mean, alot of homebrew games use sprites and stuff from commercial games, which is ok unless you sell the homebrew... But that's what these people are doing.

DCEmu Newbie

thats mean. making people who know nothing about homebrew pay. shameful

DCEmu Newbie

Me pay for Homebrew?lol hahahahahahahahaha

pay isnt that one of the beauty of homebrew a community in which we all play created games or apps from people just like us to see their work and congratulate them and all the other stuff on our free time and obviously the point is to donate if we want too to the creator for his hard work.

DCEmu Newbie

I will never pay to use a homebrew, but I think people should contribute with the developers, you know... donate some few money through paypal or something.

Coz it's too confort to sit here and download a lot of cool apps for my PSP while a lot of coders loses whole nights of sleep programing....

My opinion is that: we should never pay for homebrews, but we should try to give some donations... just to motivate the coders and thank for the fun they are giving us

Quote Originally Posted by tophead420
    i dont pay for homebrew at all and never will and the fact that you pay for some makes me laugh and ds hpmebrew LMAO ill stick with the psp homebrew and i still cant believe that people pay for homebrew and i never will
    DURR! he said he pays for devices, you have to buy a loader, GBA cart and a memory card to use any homebrew on a DS...

The only problem I'd have with paying for homebrew would be that the developers dont get a cut, its only a way for sites to steal software, and sell it to dumb people...

The reason noobs pay for homebrew is becuase they see their friends with homebrew, then they type "psp homebrew" in google then click on the sponsered links. which of course is going to cost you money. Its all about the IQ of the psp owner. Low IQ is proportional to Giving out money for crap. Why do you think the DS does so well?

paying for homebrew is not right, and whoever makes people pay for homebrew is just messed up

DCEmu Rookie

I have no problem with paying for homebrew, so long as the software is extremely high quality (as attested to by independent reviewers) and the coder (or someone who has his/her permission) is the one charging.

I like the open source model, but I wouldn't hesitate to pay if somebody released, say, a really faithful SNES or PSX emulator for the NDS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information