Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are You Paying For Homebrew ?

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Edward472
    to pay for homebrew is like paying for the air you breath
    i dont think its quite like that. but you gotta face the fact that there are some real morons out there and any money that gets squeezed away from them is their own fault. granted its pretty low for someone to charge for something they didnt even create, but this is mainly harming the stupid fools who dont even bother to check any other sites!

its like people at my school see me playing DOOM and Super Mario during class and are always asking "how did you get that on there?!" and stuff, but they are too stupid to figure out how to do it themselves. and my friend, who i first introduced to homebrew had the bright idea of charging people money for him to take their psp's home and downgrade them and put apps on for them. its a good idea, but it goes against what homebrew stands for.

Default oo

i see mesages on ebay all the time about a dolloar to get unlimted hombrew back in the ol days i about paid till started lookin around then i found out i had 2.1 which put me off homebrew till eloader and now downgrader

I know people think paying for homebrew is stupid and people that do are lazy. Well when i first started when the psp came out i tryed to port A NES emulator witch i did and it was about 80% fps. Then i saw a neo geo cd and that was to much time with work so i bought it. Its not been lazy its not having time. Then 10 months later i fell n this web site and all mi problems have for ever been solved.

Nice guys finish last, period. The owners of those sites are making money to support their family, so I won't put them down for that. Besides, they are most likely selling "access" to the "information" which happens to be homebrew programs hosted on their server. Money makes the world go 'round, and if you are too blind to see that, maybe you should put your life into perspective. Seriously, think about it, and how it affects you. Good bye.

End

i dont even pay for games, why would i do so for homebrew

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

I'd never pay for the SOFTWARE, (but donate to the coders), only for the HARDWARE.

Quote Originally Posted by hempy
    Dude you chould read the rules and then erase your sig. If lucky the big guns AKA. Kaiser & Shadow will give you a break. Thats not what we are about here.

On this issue I don't think developers & coders get enough support & donations. Sure it is shunned upon to ask for money or donations, but for quality projects like Snes9xTYL, DevHook, Neo Geo, & many more, I think 99% of people use use use, but never donate.

The developers deserve more credit and donations than what they are getting. This may also help in faster updates.

I agree with you voltron

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hempy
    While your not technically breaking the rules I'm going to make sure your signature is removed. Don't be a muppet with your so called "defiant" signature. I'm going to be watching you closely now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information