Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are You Paying For Homebrew ?

Hello:

This is interesting. Homebrew starts as a free development/distribution network. People from all the world shares time and information to create something different to taste. It can be a piece of software, and emulator or a full game.

I would like to see homebrew will be free indefinitely, but times change.

Some homebrew developers invest too much money in their projects to keep it free. To continue development, they find ways to charge you some money in order to keep the Sites, projects and dreams working.

Think of Senile Team. In order to release Age of the Beast, They include on the Website a link with propaganda for visitors to buy Stuff. Also GOAT Publishing anounce a Special Edition of AOTB that will cost money to acquire it.

The REAL weakness on hombrew states in the information and the people (specially Newbies) who falls into it. These guys presents on their Websites the software as unpublished development or maybe they will tell the truth, but allow you to acquire it by download for a fee or buy a professional pressed product or a burned one with case and disc label on it. Most, if not all, of these activities are without permission of the authors.

Like I said before, times change. Keep homebrew sites and content for free is a challenge in itself. The best thing we can do to keep them that way is to support the forums and visit them constantly through the Website.

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Thanks for all that backed me up back there. Thanks.

Also...LiraNuna is leaving DS? No more win2DS...wah.

Let's hope that GPF stays with us, though...

i may donate. but i never PAY for it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information