Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: CAPCOM CPS1 Emulator for PSP

Default Change in Icono & Pic1

Hi i jst though some people might like this i did. I have attached the emu for 1.0 and 1.50 psp. I just changed the fase of the emu i did nothing to the src.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    Hi i jst though some people might like this i did. I have attached the emu for 1.0 and 1.50 psp. I just changed the fase of the emu i did nothing to the src.
    cool, thanks!

i guess im gonna have to check this out as well as the original.

but are there any good games for this that wasnt for SNES? or are these better than the SNES versions somehow?

anyhow, NJ is the man. they are probally just throwing the women at him over there in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by samthegreat68
    cool, thanks!
    but are there any good games for this that wasnt for SNES? or are these better than the SNES versions somehow?
    Im not quit sure but all the games i have tryid play almost perfect and this is just his first relese so there are great things to come.

Ok i have gotten 2 different errors on roms any body have an idea.

CRC32 not correct. "CPU1"
    Canot allocate region GFx1 memory

sounds like your roms dealer has some corrupt roms... just a guess.

DCEmu Regular

ok well i'll just try some randoms and see if they're any good

I just really wish NJ could add multiplayer support to one of his emulators I love multiplayer and he has yet to add muultiplayer to all his flawless emulators =P Well great work can't be rushed I suppose maybe he plans to go back and work on those things after all he throws emulators out there really quickly I have been noticing. It didn't take long for a full speed CPS-1 emulator to come out from his at all I was wrather shocked! Well maybe after this he will work on MAME and get some of the games that aren't so high on system requirements to run on the PSP. That would be something to look foward too ^_^ Because Dragon Ball Z 2 was pretty fun but then again we always just have Shin Budokai anyway. But I'm sure we could make great use out of a MAME emulator. =]

yeah
    i agree
    and as far as sound on a cps2 i, ok without it as a matter of a fact

i think you may find that people requesting a cps2 would be happy to see JUST A MARVEL VS CAPCOM EMULATOR MADE JUST FOR THE CPS2 VERSION WITHOUT SOUND AND WITH REDUCED GRAPHICS EVEN ITS THE GAME THAT MATTERS AND ITS THE BEST OF THE BEST CAPCOM GAME EVER!!!

Oninotsume: Hardly any of us have newsposting privlages. If you post your news to the "Submit News Forum", the staff and mods will check it for relevancy and move it to the appropriate forum. There's so many mods that it usually doesn't take long for one of them to take care of it.

Also, just as a quick personal note, I really think you should translate the relevant release notes instead of paraphrasing them. You often write things like "he says", and what not, and it takes away from the credibility of your "news". I've read a bunch of posts from you that, while I realize now that they were probably legitimate, they sound like gossip. Just take an extra minute to give the news a translation (even a rough translation by a bilingual person is going to be 100% more comprehendable than a Google translation), and then make any comments you may feel to be nessecary. Based on the length of some of the posts I've seen you make, a rough translation really doesn't take that much longer than writting just the comments alone, and your post will sound a lot more credible.

Cheers.

Translations of the newsposting and readme:
    Quote Originally Posted by nj's homepage
    -QSOUND games don't yet work.
    -The icon's half-arsed, but since it's a pain in the neck, I'm just going with this.

*The demo sound and continue permission dip switches for Daimakai Mura and other old games are backwards. I'll fix this in the next release.

-Deffinately make sure to read readme.txt
    Quote Originally Posted by readme.txt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

CAPCOM CPS1 Emulator for PSP alpha 1

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/)

<Overview>

This is a PSP emulator of CAPCOM CPS1 (Capcom Play Systems). Naturally, CPS2 and CPS3 will not run, and I also have absolutely no intention of making these emulators.

Since the button layout is different than NEOGEO Emulator, please make sure to read this text all the way through to the end.

The default settings are: Raster Effects On and Sound 11025Hz but, this is pretty slow. If you feel adverse effects on the gameplay, first, turn off Raster Effects, if you still feel like it's pretty slow, turn off Sound.

Even at this early point in time, the drawing is in a pretty optomized state. It's even more optimized than NEOGEO Emulator. It's pretty sad that, irregardless of this, the current level of speed is all it can manage. Why isn't it showing better speed?

1.The screen layout is complicated
    In addition to 1 layer for sprites, there are 3 layers for BG for a totat of 4 layers, and on top of that, there are times where a BG layer is split into 2 layers. There are no BG layers in NEOGEO, everything is drawn as sprites, and this makes it extremely suited for the PSP.

2.The sound structure is organized in a way that results in heavy penalties in emulation.
    When constructing the sound waveform data it's using a heavy penalty 7ch FM sound. NEOGEO mainly uses a low penalty ADPCM, and rarely uses FM sound (4ch). This is a pretty big difference. Since CPS1 is monorual (QSOUND is stereo), it often ends up sounding excessively thin.

As I don't envision any further optimization of the drawing, I'd like to do something about the sound.

Items not currently implemented in the emulation

-QSOUND emulation (QSOUND games won't run)
    -Screen flip function (However this is absolutely no problem)
    -Screen rotation function (For games with long screens, currently, you're going to have to physically turn your PSP so that the right side is facing up and play them this way. Since the screen ends up exceedingly small, I'm thinking it may be better without this feature)

Directory Layout

All of the directories are automatically built the first time this is launched.

(Please see the real read me to see the layout -- b8a)

-It is nessecary for all of the ROM image files to be compressed into zip files. Other than the fact that it can't handle files that cascade into other folders, it's basically exactly the same as MAME. Also, it's not compatible with rom sets that aren't compatible with MAME/

-It is absolutely nessecary that zip file name for each game "exactly matches MAME 0.106's ROM set names".

-It mostly doesn't matter what the ROM file name is for each game but, it is nessecary that "the CRC exactly matches MAME 0.106's ROM set's CRC".

Controls

-Other than when playing a game and the main menu, it's setup so that you can press "R Trigger" to display control help. If you don't know what to do, go ahead and try pressing "R Trigger". Once you see it, I think you'll get it, so I'll refrain from the details.

-The menu for changing the games settings is displayed by pressing "Start + Select" while playing the game.

-In-game Button Controls
    [INDENT]You can change the button allocation. I've written the default settings bellow.

Common
    Up (Up or Analog Up)
    Down (Down or Analog Down)
    Left (Left or Analog Left)
    RIGHT (Right or Analog Right)
    Start (Start)
    Coin (Select)

2 Button Games
    Button 1 (Square)
    Button 2 (Triangle)

3 Button Games
    Button 1 (Square)
    Button 2 (Triangle)
    Button 3 (Cross)

Quiz Game (Directional Keys are not used)
    Button 1 (Square)
    Button 2 (Triangle)
    Button 3 (Cross)
    Button 4 (Circle)

Games in the vein of Street Fighter II (Including Street Fighter Zero CPS Changer ver.)
    Button 1 (Square)
    Button 2 (Triangle)
    Button 3 (L Trigger)
    Button 4 (Cross)
    Button 5 (Circle)
    Button 6 (R Trigger)

Forgotten World / Lost World
    (Since there's nothing I can do about the loop lever on the PSP, L/R Trigger is substituted)
    Button 1 (Square)
    Dial(rotate left) (L trigger)
    Dial(rotate right) (R trigger)

Long-Screened games are played with the right side of the PSP turned 90 degrees
    Up (Right)
    Down (Left)
    Left (Up)
    Right (Down)
    Button 1 (Triangle)
    Button 2 (Circle)

About "Raster Effects"

-There is an item menu called "Raster Effects in the game settings menu.
    With this item you can turn on/off the Line Scroll effect on games such as Street Fighter II. Usually, this menu item is set to "On", but as it results in such a high penalty for emulation, if you don't really care about how faithfully the screen is reproduced, you'd be better off turning this "Off".

Turning it off in Street Fighter II makes it so that the screen is brutally destroyed, but, there isn't much of a change to speak of in Street Fighter Zero, so you're better off turning it off.

What's Changed

Alpa 1
    -Just a public release.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information