Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three-Year-Old Kills Herself With Game Controller-Shaped Gun

Quote Originally Posted by fishears View Post
    This is the product of a country that constitutionally allows any idiot to own a gun. Seriously, you don't have to be smart or pass a test or anything. That's how this happens. In the UK, our biggest problem is allowing any idiot to procreate! But at least that progeny isn't armed....:thumbup:
    By that logic, alcohol should be banned because some dumbass could leave a bottle of Jack Daniels on the table and a 3 year old could mistake it as apple juice and die from alcohol poisoning.

Better yet, sharp edges should be banned because people can stab accidentally themselves to death. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    By that logic, alcohol should be banned because some dumbass could leave a bottle of Jack Daniels on the table and a 3 year old could mistake it as apple juice and die from alcohol poisoning.

Better yet, sharp edges should be banned because people can stab accidentally themselves to death. :P

I do agree with it,unlucky accident.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fishears View Post
    This is the product of a country that constitutionally allows any idiot to own a gun. Seriously, you don't have to be smart or pass a test or anything. That's how this happens. In the UK, our biggest problem is allowing any idiot to procreate! But at least that progeny isn't armed....:thumbup:
    Ideas are a lot more dangerous than weapons. You can't lock a stupid idea in a cabinet.

Boy, if only the U.S. was as open with firearms as you people think. It's a politically incorrect issue. Even though we're allegedly given that right, some minority is always fighting it, which in turn makes any non-critical discussion of weapons, much less education about how to properly handle them, a taboo subject. Case in point: the re-release of E.T. replaced pistols with CG walkie-talkies. If you are not law enforcement or a hunter, nobody tells you how common sense (which is not so common in any corner of the world) applies to a weapon.

I've known how to handle a firearm for the better half of my life, since I was 12. That is not typical where I live, mind you; my Medical Assistant classmates were quite shocked to hear it (because when not in the presence of anything potentially harmful, I tend to goof off). Weapons, be they bullet or blade, have valid uses, and require responsibility. Not only do you NEVER, EVER leave a loaded gun unattended (or even out of your hands, for that matter), you also do not point it at an animal you do not intend to kill, or fire into the air (arcing motion can still be lethal on the descent, depending on the angle). Why in the hell was this man using a pistol to "scare away dogs" in the first place? A whistle could have accomplished that.

Also, to the UK folks, you are deluding yourselves if you think that a gun is necessary for criminal child neglect (which is what this is, as far as I'm concerned) to result in death. Take a moment to educate yourself about electrical outlets, washing machines, swimming pools, old refrigerators, household cleaners, plastic bags, and pest control chemicals.
    Last edited by Hypershell; March 12th, 2010 at 00:40.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information