psp e[mulator] for PSP 0.81 Fix2

E has released a new version of his Multi Console Emulator, that supports

PC Engine
    Wonderswan
    Famicom (NES)
    Gameboy

This is a bugfix release

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

So no news about the other emulators in the main screen emulator like neopocket .

does this play PC engine CD's AKA Turbo Grafx CD's?

DCEmu Rookie

It's suppose too, but everytime I try to load a TOC file, the screen goes black and shuts off.

dammit! I really would like to see PC Engine Emulators grow like others have. I wonder why nobody has bothered to try and make a really polished PC Engine emulator for the PSP.

Not enough support or PC Engine fans? I loved the Turbo Grafx 16. Fond memories of Bloody Wolf, Bonk, Alien Crush, Neutopia, and many more.....

PLEASE CONTINUE PC ENGINE EMULATORS! I would happily donate to a regularly worked on TG16/PCE EMU.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    dammit! I really would like to see PC Engine Emulators grow like others have. I wonder why nobody has bothered to try and make a really polished PC Engine emulator for the PSP.

Not enough support or PC Engine fans? I loved the Turbo Grafx 16. Fond memories of Bloody Wolf, Bonk, Alien Crush, Neutopia, and many more.....

PLEASE CONTINUE PC ENGINE EMULATORS! I would happily donate to a regularly worked on TG16/PCE EMU.
    Hell Fkin yeah! Finally somoene is thinking like.All these other emulators getting updates and we cant get a decent PC Engine emu.TG16/PCE is my favorite system of all time.Right now its emulated perfectly on PsP but no full screen no save and nothing else really.I want to play TG16 games on my psp FULL SCREEN!
    Thats why i bought my Psp in the first place.Cmon lets get something going already.

Devils Crush is 100% still the best video pinball game ever created.I can play that game everyday and when i can play it on my PsP Full screen,i will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mungrin
    Devils Crush is 100% still the best video pinball game ever created.
    No, no, Alien Crush is much more entertaining (!_!) I think they overdid it with Devil's Crush.

But, to be fair, I think that HuCard emulation is just fine. It's been a few months since I've given it a go, but PCEP worked great for me. What we really need is a great CD-ROM2/Super CD-ROM2 emulator. My TurboDuo is finally giving up the ghost (both video out and controller input are next to shot), so I really need a good CD emulator (my TurboExpress still works fine even if PSP HuCard wasn't good enough). Unfortunately, there aren't any CD emulators for the mac (;_;)

Does anybody know if the source code for any fully realized PC Engine (HuCard+CD-ROM2+Super CD-ROM2) is available anywhere?

Anyway, did some quick translations of the news from this e[mulator] release:
    Quote Originally Posted by E's blog
    The level of completion of the WonderSwan is so marvelous, I'm really impressed.
    It might have just been me, but as there were some problems, I'll post them here. With the Game Boy, when playing monochrome games, the screen is dark and pictures are displayed in a faint red and black. Games that I fixed are Tetris, Saga, and other such monochrome titles.
    Also, I'm sure most are aware of it already but, when playing Final Fantasy 4 for the WonderSwan, the base sound was weird. Sounds like it just keeps on playing quietly.
    Quote Originally Posted by readme.txt
    e[mulator] for PSP 0.81 fix2

Fixed several problems that existed with 0.81fix1. As far as WonderSwan, I feel like it's just about reached a completely problem free level. I wonder if the unimplementation of time related processing is a problem...
    Well, until next time.

These are the problems that were pointed out, I might've omitted some of the fixes.

Unfixed Items
    (*) It looks as though, after switching games, etc.., horizontally flipped sprites aren't displayed. ---- Says a report I received, but I'm putting it to the side as I the source of the problem can't be confirmed.

(*)Can't use zip compressed FDS files as well as Disk System BIOS. Currently thought to be unsupported.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------[*] Currently supported hardware
    (1) PC Engine+Super Graphix+CDROM2 (not mature)
    (2) Wonderswan
    (3) Famicon (Using modified NesterJ for PSP source)
    (4) Gameboy (Using modified RIN source)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Items fixed in 0.81 fix2

(1) WS:
    Sound related problems
    Fixed a problem in FF1, etc... where a portion of the sound effects weren't output
    Fixed a problem in Terahz2 where sound wasn't being output
    Fixed a problem where the sound would just keep continually playing in Uzumaki
    (2) WS: Fixed the strange display of font characters in Front Mission
    (2) WS: Fixed a problem where sprites wouldn't be displayed correctly in With You
    (4) GB: Fixed a problem with SGB not working

(A) Fixed menu refresh
    (B) Fixed framerate processing
    There's room for improvemnt

DCEmu Newbie

Smile

I use the 80 beta 5 version of this emu and it's great. There's a full screen option, it loads CD's (via toc file) and runs at 60fps. It's perfect!

The PC Engine was (and still is now on PSP!) a superb machine. I've got no problems with this emu at all, but don't use the 'fix' versions.

DCEmu Newbie

thx im playing all my favorite games in fullscreen now thx.There are still many roms that dont work though.I cant get Air Zonk to work and there are others.

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron

They already is a decent pc engine emu out ive been using it for months now.All games ive run are perfect like bc kid gunhead ect.This was a great console never released in europe imo its GREATLY overlooked by many devs nice to see someone spending time to incorperate it in a emu pack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information