Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Man claims games are racist

DCEmu Pro

At the end of the day, Robert has made a number of people angry especially me because I feel as if hes calling me RACIST for playing games and I hate to be called something I know I am not. If I were Robert I would apologise to every gamer that graced this planet and change his name to Dexter.

I agree, videogames are racist. Fact.

GTA features non-minority people like Italians, but I guess he failed to mention that. The only game I do think is racist would have to be Postal and Postal 2.

It doesn't even seem like this matters because if games were truly racist, they would lose most their audience. Statistics show that a high number of gamers are minorities. I believe that is one of the great aspects of games: they can be played by everyone.

maybe there are only problems because people look for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Briggzy11
    Well to Robert EVERYTHING computer related is racist, If that means pokemon im gonna be so sad cuz I love pokemon...

I often wondered y all the pokemon were coloured different...
    I totally agree with your comment and i also love Pokémon. Next thing he will say picachu is the white man and mewtoo is the black man. He is a ffs idiot that has no real concept in video games. His research is a half ass research he probably did with his boyfriend. Really 100 hours for a theses. He should get a big F it took me a year and hundreds of hours for mine> That bone head idiot doesn't really know what is involved in games.

I agree at times there can be subtle hints of racism in games such as 'the mixed bag of Asian stereotypes' . These, however are so subtle that they go unnoticed by 99% of people. These 'hints' have no negative impact and would only be considered rascist by the most nit-picking of individuals such as our friend Robert here.

I'm not sure where this new fad of 'racism in games' has come from. People everywhere are claiming this. First it was the Loco Roco thing then it was something else.

True. There arent many minority group protagonists in games but that is nothing to do with prejudice. All it is is the Eurocentric culture games have come from. No-one can be blamed for this. I mean look at Japanese games. They mostly have Asian characters! Why are Western games targeted for the same thing? I think Robert needs to realise Tony Cipriani, an Italian working for the Mafia cannot be black, peurtorican or Asian. This is simply realism. Do you see many African-Americans riding with Mafia Dons? I think not.

Sure, Carl Johnson can be black and that brings me to a whole other point. Where did Robert mention CJ in any of this? GTA: San Andreas doesnt portray African-Americans as gangsters but rather as folks who just recieved the wrong end of the stick and are just trying to make it through life. CJ is a character with good intentions and kindness, not some cold-blooded Mafia hitman who would kill his own mother if the money was good enough.

Robert needs to realise that racism(his definition) is inevitable in videogames and will continue as long as games are made in Europe and America.

WOW, he played Kung Fu looking for racism? The Kung Fu for the NES? That's seriously the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

I can understand why he would consider the quote from Shadow Warrior to be racist and inappropriate, but Kung Fu? He needs a Kung Fu kick to the head "WA-TOO!!" lol (I think that's how you spell the kicking sound...)

I don't really consider GTA to be racist either. If he's talking about the first two, they're no more racist the movie "Scarface" or the show "The Sopranos". If he's talking about San Andreas, he's wrong there too. Take a bike ride through the suburbs of Orange County in the late 80's/early 90's (the city it's modeled after) and you'll see that the game comes pretty close. Of course there wasn't people shooting each other every 5 min in O.C, but the gangs and dealers were all there (albeit lower in abundance)... And (please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not racist) most of them were Mexicans and Blacks.

I think alot of this stems from high paid executives/ concerned parents that aren't willing to face the nitty gritty facts of real life.

Hope I didn't piss anyone off, but if I did I apologise in advance.

DCEmu Newbie

some video games are racist but that dosn't make the individual who plays the the game a racist.

In the past I have also come across some nes mario hacks that actualy depict full blown racism.when I saw these i was well and truly shocked, that a game I love can be used to give the gamer a message of pure racisim.

anybody else seen them?

there bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by bosanova_x
    some video games are racist but that dosn't make the individual who plays the the game a racist.

In the past I have also come across some nes mario hacks that actualy depict full blown racism.when I saw these i was well and truly shocked, that a game I love can be used to give the gamer a message of pure racisim.

anybody else seen them?

there bad news.
    Yes you mean like the all night mario or wizzard mario etc. etc.

Ok the guy said that all the gangs in GTA are minorities. Of course. White people aren't gonna put any gangs related to us in there. U.S. Congress and the NAACP would go ape $#@! if they saw the KKK in a GTA game! Why in the hell is this guy upset It seems like evrything we do is racist or descriminatory. I am a disabled person im descriminated against all the time and do I $#@! my pants every time I don't get somthing my way? no! And why is it always that whites are racist. There are a $#@!load of racists out there that aren't white. I get called cracker and crippled all the GD time and I don't whine about it.

peace out

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information