Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Man claims games are racist

Hopefully he doesent realise the gender of our beloved Metroit character.

Games like Movies aren't subject to claims of racism, due to the fact a substantial amount of what creates the atmosphere and mood of a game/movie, is the means in which its presented ( dialogue, characteristics, and yes stereotypes). I think its unfair to categorize Games with TV because TV isn't necessarily controllable, however you can choose which movie you pay to see or game you pay to play. You have already made a conscience decision to partake in the experience, and thus should already be aware of these possibilities. I dunno, through with the schollarly response. This guy is a $#@!. Lets not over glamorise his pathetic essay anymore than its already been and make get this guy more attention than he needs. Its pretty rediculous that his essay would make any ripple/waves, considering it has no valid arguement. Kinda just makes me sick to see a person like this, who will no doubt influence someone else as uneducated, uncultured, and unappreciative on so many subjects/levels.

DCEmu Newbie

What an idiot. You can find any result you want when you selectively choose games.

Some people complain that games don't feature enough minorities especially the character which a player controls, so they complain about that. But if you star a minority in a violent game, they complain about the game portraying that race in a negative light....which is it?!

GTA3 is pretty far from racist. With the exception of the Russian Mafia, every single major criminal organization is represented. Those groups come from a vast list of countries, which would require us to use the proper race for each group. It's just a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusXP
    Games like Movies aren't subject to claims of racism, due to the fact a substantial amount of what creates the atmosphere and mood of a game/movie, is the means in which its presented ( dialogue, characteristics, and yes stereotypes).
    Good answer!

Wow 100 hours dont you feel special... T_T guess ill sit at home and play non-racist games like pong O_o... sure...

yep games are racist and if you play games you will shoot people in the face.and movies arent racist give me a break. if a game offends you dont play it its called freedom of speech i dont get mad at cracker whity honkey red neck trail trash what ever bad dancer no soul having white guy i think thats funny you dont see white people in games calling people bad names its mostley the same race talking smack about each other yes gta is no more racist then boys in the hood scarface or others. and look at the cast thats been in the gta games its a story it has nothing to do with race cant people just play games and have fun and stop looking for hiding meanings if anything this guy is the racist one for seening stuff the way he does

I guess i will start playing tetris again. Oh wait a russian team made this game is this racist too. LOL that ideot will probably say so.

Oh boy................. Whatever, I guess I'm racist!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    Oh boy................. Whatever, I guess I'm racist!
    ya i know, i dont give a damn if people think i'm racist because i play video games

DCEmu Rookie

Wow, he doesn't just take things out of context, he flat-out lies. Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior is the hero, not the villain.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information