Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Man claims games are racist

isnt gta about fictional crime they are supposed to be bad people in it because thats the point, lol people think anythings racist, this is a little violent but not racist, hell kids play gta and you dont see them turning into racists or criminals, adults just cant admit its their fault when something goes wrong

Default good for you

Quote Originally Posted by sithlord1823
    hi folks... im a regular visitor here (every day) and i cant believe what im hearing from this guy. im guessing he's taken a controversial route to his degree for a reason... and he'll prob pass as a result.

i got beat up a couple of months ago by 3 black guys for the way i dress (im a 25 yr old indie rocker) to the point that i needed a brain scan. Do i hold a grudge against black people....NO... some of my best friends are black, family friends and so on.

fact of the matter is... you will get white people who think they are gangsters, black people, chinese people, pakistani people...and so on... but you will also get all varieties of races that are bank clerks, police officers, security guards...genuine law abiding people.

If anybodys racist... it's these folk who try to throw a cat amongst the pidgeons in these cases. what can they expect from this? a whirlwind of racist furore...thats what.

San Andreas features a black dude as the main character..... im not upset by this...it's a fecking great game.... best thing we can do is ignore this person.

peace

lee
    good for you, your first post was intelligent and made sense, it was better than my post

i hate when colleges give idiots degrees

DCEmu Newbie

There was a FPS Soldier game like 1-2 yrs ago for the PC (and afaik for the PS2) I think it was the sequel to a not very popular title (hence why i can't recall the name of the game)

I remeber it being mentioned on the news that Tamils and some other militant country, possibly S. Korea successfully banned the creators/publishers from depicting war crimes related to past activies inside the game... (two scenarios were removed)

As games become more realistic I agree that there should be some control. But as far as I can tell the realistic kind of games are targeted to an older audience and I would rather much fight for a efficient age rating watchdog than to censor possible insinuations of racism in a game rated R-18

After all an adult should be rational enough to separate reality from a game, right?

I even think it can be regarded as a kind of fetish in gaming industry - much like the japanese tentacle monster hentai $#@! games for PSX back in the days...

I've known many people that like to live out their perverted fantasies trough gaming, something they obviously would'nt do in real life so perhaps that is
    where games charged with heavy stereotypes are going to lead us.

Real racism in games?? Dactari Boxing for the Atari 2600 white against black! Real simple

Default Over the Line?

Maybe some of it is over the line

But I think the comedian Carlos Mencia really put "racist" humor into perspective.

When taken out of context anything can be seen as malicious.

http://www.carlosmencia.com/content/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Mencia

Default Stupid arguement

I think this arguement has no basis. Yea its true that some games might have stereotypical views of people implemented into them but I think people of this day and age are smart enough to see that just because a game gives stereotypical views of people it does not mean that they are true.

So that means when people play games theyre not being racist or anything of the sort. when people bring up discussions like these it just makes people angry. Gaming is to good to be ruined by idiots who look for trouble in everything.

So, is the University of British Columbia just giving those degrees out? or do you have to pay them for it.
    Who goes and plays over 100 hours of video games and then says they're racist and against minorities? Even though all the non-minorities are hitmen, purse snatchers, or just dudes running from the police for no reason...
    and how the heck are Orcs racist characters? Oh no, they're green, and they're slaughtered like pigs, does that make them a minority

DCEmu Rookie

Give me a f*ckin break. Waste of time in my book. Just because black people are seen as gang members in a tough neighborhood (like the ones in GTA) doesn't mean the game is racist!!!!! It means thats the way it is in the game. Give me a break! Go find something else to complain about!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhawk22
    Give me a f*ckin break. Waste of time in my book. Just because black people are seen as gang members in a tough neighborhood (like the ones in GTA) doesn't mean the game is racist!!!!! It means thats the way it is in the game. Give me a break! Go find something else to complain about!
    Actually black people are seen as regular people minding there own bussines in this game not as gang members. But i sttill agree this guy is a F***

DCEmu Pro

Everybody, at the end of the day, Robert has called almost every gamer of GTA, Miami Vice, Oblivion, Virtua Tennis, Pokemon, Worms and Pong a racist because of the game that we play...

...Robert sucks, I hope he/she gets a BIG "F" for the assignment and gets laughed at by all his/her friends in front of the class. Damm I have been playing games for almost 16 years (I am 18 now by the way), I could do this assignment and call myself intelligent , I wont even need to play the game, the back of the box says and shows it all (Maybe thats all Robert did really?)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information