Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Oblivion is, in fact, coming to PSP

Blog Entries

psp Rumor: Oblivion is, in fact, coming to PSP

Article Via PSPFanboy

Back in April, a supposedly leaked release list from Bethesda Software, showed PS3 and PSP versions of the insanely popular Xbox 360 & PC RPG, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The rumor was squashed when Bethesda commented: "At present, we have no announced plans to bring Oblivion to any platforms other than PC or Xbox 360." Well, the rumors of a PSP version of Oblivion are back, most notably because EBGames now shows a product listing for said rumored product. With the rumors of a PSP version of Half-Life 2 abound, maybe there's a lot more power in the PSP than we could've ever imagined.

Well.. i hope the rumors are true OBLVION ON PSP?!!?!?!!
    secret message!
    I used to have a signature here.

DCEmu Legend

I just don't believe it. Both of those games require 1 GHZ CPUs with 256 megabytes of video memory and at least 1 gigabyte of RAM.

PSP can barely handle GTA:LCS without coughing once in a while...

If the two products are indeed coming for the PSP, they will have to be severely crippled to make it even playable.

Oblivion and Half life 2 That would be awesome I would defenatly buy both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark
    I just don't believe it. Both of those games require 1 GHZ CPUs with 256 megabytes of video memory and at least 1 gigabyte of RAM.

PSP can barely handle GTA:LCS without coughing once in a while...

If the two products are indeed coming for the PSP, they will have to be severely crippled to make it even playable.
    Well obviously they would have to bring the quality of the games down a little bit. But you are forgetting that pc have to run windows in the background so that is going to steal some of the resources.

Saying that though it still does seem that these games would be a little much for the psp to handle. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Hell yeah, life for PSP owners is getting much better in terms of commercial games. We have Dungeons & Dragons Tactics coming, also Dungeon Siege, and now Oblivion.

Handheld gaming is starting to give home console gaming a run for its money. Sure it is not the same, but if I can have PS2 quality games in my hand with THE psp, i'LL TAKE that over sitting at home in front of my TV anyday. Portable is the future, or a major part of the future of video games if you ask me.

If Oblivion does come to the psp.. il very much regret saying that the psp has a $#@!ty library of games..

I image it will be quite different from the PC and x360 version... but still... ITS FREAKING OBLIVION! if they cram 1/10 of the game into the psp thats still one hell of a game.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BigMace
    Well obviously they would have to bring the quality of the games down a little bit. But you are forgetting that pc have to run windows in the background so that is going to steal some of the resources.

Saying that though it still does seem that these games would be a little much for the psp to handle. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    A little bit? Are you kidding? The PSP is 333 megahertz with a 333 megahertz media engine(sound only, as far as I know), a whopping 32 megabytes of main memory and 4 megs of DRAM.

Aside from that, the PSP VPU doesn't process even 1/3 of what Half-Life 2 and Oblivion require.

Don't hold your breath people, it is never going to happen...

It will probably be the mobile phone version....

DCEmu Newbie

Default It's listed on ebgames.com

Release date 3/15/07...check it out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information