Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GenesisPlusDC With VMU Support ! (26/07/06)

DCEmu Newbie

I coded a tiny program to list rom files in VB6.0.
    It's quite easy to use, and only zip files are supported.
    Pay attention to the filename-length of your roms. Don't be too long (better less than 28 characters).

Quote Originally Posted by gxb
    I coded a tiny program to list rom files in VB6.0.
    It's quite easy to use, and only zip files are supported.
    Pay attention to the filename-length of your roms. Don't be too long (better less than 28 characters).
    One suggestion is not to use zips. Have them unzipped, that way you can get the header info from the ROM for the description, rename the files in a numeric fashion (0001.smc, 0002.bin, 0003.bin, etc.), zip them using the same numeric number using Unzip then create the ROMs list.

DCEmu Newbie

Hopefully straight up directory browsing will be implemented in the final build, rom lists are a hassle.

BlackAura/warmtoe, any plans on implementing that crazy GUI with the rotating boxart and whatnot? You could give NesterDC SE a run for it's money.

DCEmu Coder

A simple directory browser and the crazy GUI are basically mutually exclusive. The emulator has to be able determine what games you have on the disc before it loads any of them, which means they're going to have to at least be in very specific places on the disc, with specific names. Like NesterDC SE.

There's no reason we couldn't have both (the game browser if you have a properly configured disc, the file browser if you don't), except the file browser would be vastly inferior.

Don't get me wrong, but I was under the impression you had most of the "crazy GUI" done?

DCEmu Newbie

A simple file browser would be just fine, I still use NesterDC 6.0 in my compilations since it's so easy.

DCEmu Coder

Well, there are bits of it laying around, but it's not connected to the emulator, and it doesn't work nearly as well as I would like. It's also too complicated (far more so than NesterDC SE), and uses more main memory than we have free.

Just the GUI displaying screenshots of your games would be fine

Hm, still there got to be a way of implementing the rotating boxes into the GUI without needing too much RAM/work...

Hm, maybe it would be better skip displaying the actual boxart and just have a rotating 'empty' box (one for each region like WaCk0 did) displaying the game's name.

Maybe to replace the screenshots or as an animated icon at some sort of an 'about the game' info screen ?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69
    Another new release today, but this time by BlackAura
    [indent]OK, here's another build to play with...

gpdc-20060726.zip

Drop that .bin over the top of Warmtoe's last release, and it should be good to go.

dcemulation.com forums

Comments and download via comments
    Am i suppose to delete the original 1st_read.bin or do they both stay together?
    if at all possible could somone send me an semi-detailed explanation of how to burn this properly? i downloaded all the files and tool-kits christuserloser posted and still managed to ruin 2 CDs. Thanks

Why don't you just use one of the versions I uploaded (and posted in page 1 of this topic) ?

Here is is again (Plain files of the latest public release for use with BootDreams):
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/att...3&d=1154083349

General Info + Tutorials can be found here:
    http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.../GenesisPlusDC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information