Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(c64) page added

DCEmu Newbie

Hi there!
    A little report.
    Using SuperCard SD with 1GBSanDisk SD.
    Frodo correctly DLDI patched... and...
    it doesn't work
    First, the emu says that it can't read the system roms, and that it's going to replace them with the internal emu replacements. Then The c64 screen appears, but it's not resized (so that you see only the upper left quarter) and it looks buggy. No keyboard or disc selection on the lower screen - the error messages about system roms are still there.
    (note that I did put the sys roms in the /rd folder, as well as some .d64 files).

I'll try experimenting a little more.
    The former Frodo worked just fine (lots of frameskip, but still a little miracle to see it running on DS!!!)
    Please keep the good work!
    V.

PS is it just me or DLDI patching is multiplicating compatibility problems instead of solving them? (Ok - maybe it's just me)

Thumbs up

:thumbup:

your last version on the forum is really well, I tested same games that the old version .... this is speed and the sound is better !!! .

it is well to see that you work to improve it. I hope to see it progressing now. you can include a reset button . I find that the keyboard does not answer .... some times.

Thanks GPF

Hum .... Reset button for return in the games menu.

DCEmu Newbie

OK - I figured out where my problem lies. I looks like it won't work with a SuperCard SD if you're using it with a 1GB microSD in combo with a MicroSD adaptor. The problem - I think - is that the DLDI patcher has one option for the SuperCard SD and one for the SD Lite with MicroSD - by using an adaptor like I use to do, you get a weird hybrid which is not tolerated, giving FAT problems (even in a methaphoric sense)

I wrote all this because maybe there's someone else which was trying to use a microSD inside a non-lite SuperCard SD.

So I bought a normal SD card and Frodo worked just fine with most of the disks which were working in the previous release. So far, only Impossible mission did not work (intro screen ok - it resets before "another visitor..." speech).

I'll test more asap

V.

DCEmu Pro

God I really want to test this and help, but I still haven't got my DS yet!
    I can't run it through a DS emulator anymore.(which I'm sure was no true test anyway)

Some ideas for disk swap.

Would it be possible to assign your "attach disk" function to the select button(or combo of L and R). When pressed it could just bring you back to the rd folder browser that is seen at start-up but without reseting the c64?

Perhaps assign a combo of button presses to open a small mini menu that you can choose attach disk,reset c64 or swap joysticks. If possible/necessary in the future you could add user defined frameskip if some games run better than others. The attach disk function would just browse rd folder again and return to current loaded rom.

hope these aren't dumb ideas :P
    I am going to do everything in my power to get my DS asap.

Thank you again Troy.

Really huge improvement over previous release! :thumbup:

Sound is incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by crookedmouth View Post
    God I really want to test this and help, but I still haven't got my DS yet!
    I can't run it through a DS emulator anymore.(which I'm sure was no true test anyway)

Some ideas for disk swap.

Would it be possible to assign your "attach disk" function to the select button(or combo of L and R). When pressed it could just bring you back to the rd folder browser that is seen at start-up but without reseting the c64?

Perhaps assign a combo of button presses to open a small mini menu that you can choose attach disk,reset c64 or swap joysticks. If possible/necessary in the future you could add user defined frameskip if some games run better than others. The attach disk function would just browse rd folder again and return to current loaded rom.

hope these aren't dumb ideas :P
    I am going to do everything in my power to get my DS asap.

Thank you again Troy.
    nope sound good to me at least till I figure out how to add a proper menu to allow selection of all the Frodo Preferences.

I played around this morning with changing the code to allow left trigger to bring up the d64 selection screen, and have got it partially working, for some reason its not picking up the new disk selection, so I will resume working on it tonight probably.

Joystick selection is done with the select key.

Still need to add a reset method.

It is possible to test using No$gba, but you have to make a fat12 disk image(FCSR) and padbin the ds.gba file, append fcsr image, and then use my fcsr dldi patch and the resulting ds.gba file works in emulators, FrodoDS seems to only work in no$gba though, Desmume 6 seems to freeze after the selection of the disk image.

Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Pro

Thanks for that info on emulation, i didn't know about joystick swapping either.

edit: darn I can't figure out how to do all that, lol. Don't suppose you could post that ds.gba file. Only if it's not a bother, the important thing is your awesome emulator.

well i think i got the disk selection working, and I have for now made the start button do a fast reset.

now left trigger no longer loads snapshots(as I keep hitting that everytime I am playing a game and it loads my test snapshot lol), so now left trigger brings up the list of d64 files in the /rd folder and allows you to select which is mounted on drive 8

right trigger still types LOAD"*",8,1 and then RUN after it is done loading.

hopefully get to test on my hardware later tonight.

Troy(GPF)

Smile

Hello GPF !!!

I am happy that you works on a menu with option. it is what it missed.

I tested a lot of games, the problem this is that when I put more that 17 games ...... I cannot go down low to see of another games. Limited at 17 games. (this is a problem!!!!)

I tested :
    Barbarian, Karnov, Green Beret, Ghost Chaser, Bounty Bob, great giana sister, jumpman, Mr Do, Pole Position, cauldron, Rygar, Sorcery, Pitfall 2, Way of the tiger.
    they are all playable ! The compatibility is very Good ! :thumbup:
    Only Bruce lee Bug (graphic).
    some games make me think has atari 800XL ! (Pole position, Mr DO, Gost Chaser ....)

a option for return to menu games and reset will be
    welcome !

Keep Work .... !
    I waiting for next version and I tested more games.... because to make a reset all times to test another games is stressing .
    the next version should be excellent to correct this.

ah yes! if you can improve the screen of bottom, I find that the keyboard all alone is not very pretty. that will give an additional charm has frodoDS.

OK tested on my hardware and it seems to work.

Some stuff doesn't want to reset when I press the start button though.

I haven't tried multiple disk games to see if it works yet, but i can switch disks and load other things after doing a reset.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,
    Troy(GPF)

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information