Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(c64) page added

DCEmu Pro

Got to admit, this would be the holy grail of emulators for the ds. A c64 with a keyboard! The PSP and gpx2 are great but there is like 30% of the games and software for the c64 that a virtual keyboard like they use just wouldn't work.
    Thank you GPF.Please keep up the awesome work.

Hello Oh Great GPF !

News for FrodoDS ?

DCEmu Pro

Sorry to bug you again GPF, but I was wondering if there was going to be an ability to switch virtual disks in the future? So many great games have multiple disks and/or sides.

well been working on getting the existing code moved to latest toolchain and libnds release.

Eventually it will have the ability to switch disk, right now I am kind of need some ideas on how best to do it, from a user standpoint. If I have some ideas I can start looking into the coding part

Well here is my latest version thats using the dldi patching code now, so hopefully will be able to work on most hardware now.

attached is an nds file that just needs to be dldi patched and copy that and the /rd directory to your media and put your d64 files and you can also place a snapshot created from the pc version and call it jjr.fss and that is loaded from the left trigger. right trigger still does a load"*",8,1 and then run

Please give me feedback compared to previous releases.

Thanks,
    Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Newbie

First of all Thank you GPF for your time and your hard work to make such good emulator !!!!!!!
    I checked the new version to the version from 11.04.2006 (v0.3) I played Giana Sisters on MoviePlayer 2.

The new version has better sound but it is slower and also the gamespeed is slower .
    The Vers.0.3 is much faster .

Some Ideas: Is it possible to make it with switable functions like on/off Sound or frame skip would it be faster ?

bytepete

just discovered that my compiler optimization were not being used, so this new build has them.

skipframes=9 and has always been like that.

I've removed vblank during menu, so it might behave funny, i can put it back but wasn't sure at the time whether i was using it elsewhere.

Rendering directly to vram now instead of an extra copy step, so might look funny at some times.

Let me know how this version runs.

Make sure and patch for dldi for your card.

Thanks,
    Troy(GPF)

ok finally had a chance to test the last version myself and most of the sprites were missing from everything I tested, so I have reenabled the rendering to a backbuffer and copying it to vram

Changed a couple of things so that its not uses exact CPU or CIA cycles so its should be a lot faster, but might be at the expense of compatibility.

But remember that if it doesn't work on the pc version of Frodo its not going to work on the ds version

Enjoy and please leave me some feedback, last couple of versions of been downloaded over 20 times and not a peep from anyone

I have jury duty tommorow so I will be playing c64 games all day while waiting around

Man I wish I had some ideas on implemented disk change, the code part is easy, but some kind of GUI menu ideas is what I need.

Thanks,
    Troy(GPF)

DCEmu Newbie

Hello GPF !
    I have just checked the version 20707 with Movieplayer2 and Gianasisters . For me the verison is the fastetest ever !!
    Loading time was very fast and sound is much better.

About swap disks function: putting 2 disks in one (if possible) and than no need to swap , but need to simulate like change for the emulator .
    I hope you understand my Idea .

greets , thanks

bytepete

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you for your work on frodo. I like it very much!!

DCEmu Newbie

I'm sorry to say, - in this version all sprites are only yellow spots on my screen ...

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information