Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mercury Meltdown Commercial Game Demo

Blog Entries

psp Mercury Meltdown Commercial Game Demo

Today with the release of the new 2.80 firmware came the release of this puzzle game demo.

Heres an excerpt from the Preview by Eurogamer:

Meltdown's mercury has transitioned to a completely different state. The process of delivering your delicate blob of liquid metal from start to goal, running the gamut of endless obstacles, undulating surfaces and narrow ledges, rarely frustrates for reasons the developer didn't intend.

As well as quicker load-times, there are useful indicators, handy stabilisers and thoughtful options everywhere. A colour chart means that you can negotiate the levels that involve separating your mercury into smaller blobs, spray-painting them and then mixing colours without loading the Dulux website in the background; there's near-instant auto-saving after every level; you can change camera controls and even your mercury skin without exiting to some mother-menu; you can pause the game and roam around the level in free-look to get a feel for the challenges ahead; you can take on the 16 levels that make up the "lab" hub you're working through in any order, with more labs unlocked based on constituent progress rather than having to finish everything.

When you download and unzip then put the eboot.php in a folder called "UCJS10043" in your Game directory.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

is this the jap version?

Yeah, it is a Japan only demo. The English demo is World Tour soccer 2.
    PSP Firmware 3.40 OE-A
    Former PSP Dev
    Wii Owner
    DS Lite Owner + R4 = Sweetness

Does this run on Euro PSP with 2.80 firmware? I get a message "Corrupted Data" from the file. I am assuming it will, as LocoRoco Jap worked just fine on my PSP..

I don't want lousy Soccer game, I want Mercury!!!

It should work. Did you put it in the right folder? PSP/GAME/UCJS10043
    PSP Firmware 3.40 OE-A
    Former PSP Dev
    Wii Owner
    DS Lite Owner + R4 = Sweetness

2.8 to play thise new demos right i would like to try them but there totally not worth upgrading from 1.5 to 2.8 i geuss ill wait and see if this 2.8 will be added to the list of compatible devhook firmewares lol

DCEmu Pro

Its not worth upgrading for a demo like this...

...Same for the soccer game, the first 1 was rubbish so why even get a demo for free to try the new 1?

Sony really need to sort this out because if they think we are gonna upgrade for 2 little demos hahahahahahahahaha not a chance (well 3 counting Locoroco 1.01 "pretty pathetic too")

No offense to people that have upgraded but personally I have no idea why you did when within 1 week 2.80 will be emulated using devhook no doubt

because i value the features over homebrew?

Quote Originally Posted by mgillespie
    because i value the features over homebrew?
    atm that means flash....i sold my psp and bought a new one just to get homebrew...dunno what features im missing :P

I use my PSP to listen to shoutcast steams, and i have my entire music/picture/videos accesible on my PSP when inrange of my Wifi, as RSS feeds.

To me that is more important than homebrew.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information