Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion PSP Under Development BY Climax Studio?

Blog Entries

psp Oblivion PSP Under Development BY Climax Studio?

Via Kotaku

Sources tell me that the rumored Playstation Portable version of Oblivion are true. The game is being ported by Climax UK and while I couldn't find out what form the game would take, I'm told that UMD space isn't as big a concern as some might think. The PSP version won't have 512x512 textures, instead relying on something closer to 128x128 textures and true color will likely be replaced by 16 color. Both of these moves greatly reduces the amount of space the final game would likely take up

Oblivion on the PSP!!! That would seriously rock my goat. I have not started the Xbox 360 Oblivion so I must hold off for the portable version.

16 colour thats a bit lame or do you think he means 16bit 65000 odd colours?

So what there saying is BETHESTA gave them permision to use there lisenced game and make money of it. Now i really think this is not going to happen. It's like if i made a big hit selling game and then sayd hey guys you want to do it for another counsil and get the glorie i dought it. And i was hopping it was going to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    So what there saying is BETHESTA gave them permision to use there lisenced game and make money of it. Now i really think this is not going to happen. It's like if i made a big hit selling game and then sayd hey guys you want to do it for another counsil and get the glorie i dought it. And i was hopping it was going to be released.
    Don't lose hope yet. The gaming industry is not as simple as "it's mine and nobody else can use it." Just look at how many games run off of Unreal's 3D engine. So anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that Bethesda probably didn't want more work so they got some help from a smaller company. Bethesda will most likely still have a hand in making the game (if this isn't just another rumor) whether it be just checking and making sure it's up to their standards or possibly helping with the build. After all, look how much money Square-Enix has made off of Tri-Ace.

mighty you are right im just consirn with the fact that they had sayd several times that it was going to be an exclusive xbox and pc game

DCEmu Old Pro

weird soooo a OBLIVION for the psp say that again it makes no sense is this some type of homebrew or is it a real game???????

I can only imagine the loading times on this, it will be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetris999
    weird soooo a OBLIVION for the psp say that again it makes no sense is this some type of homebrew or is it a real game???????
    This is one of the biggest maped rpgs ever and its the 4th in the morrowind series and its not a homebrew. Its suppost to be the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SSaxdude
    I can only imagine the loading times on this, it will be a nightmare.
    and they'll still cut out over half the game

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information