Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphic worth buying?

DCEmu Regular

Talking Is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphic worth buying?

Is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphic card worth buying?

i mean seriously, i am building my computer, and there is a good bargin for me to buy this card before its too late, within 2 days to be honest.

there has been alot of debate weather to choose NVidia or an ATI card. and i am absoloutly confused. as some games where made specifically for ATI or NVidia and thus NVidia to alot or 50% of people tends to have more popularity.

but i was asking, which this card, would i be able to play NVidia games smoothly as it would play on an actual NVidia card?

i would really really appreciate it if someone can help me almost ASAP.

also, this card that is on offer, has been used for 1 year, 100% working as described, been operated in a fairly dust free environment and never been overclocked.

thanks very much, i again will be very greatful if this card was worth buying at a good price, or in fact, how much would u go for in this condition in buying it?

thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTeressaBond
    Is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro graphic card worth buying?

i mean seriously, i am building my computer, and there is a good bargin for me to buy this card before its too late, within 2 days to be honest.

there has been alot of debate weather to choose NVidia or an ATI card. and i am absoloutly confused. as some games where made specifically for ATI or NVidia and thus NVidia to alot or 50% of people tends to have more popularity.

but i was asking, which this card, would i be able to play NVidia games smoothly as it would play on an actual NVidia card?

i would really really appreciate it if someone can help me almost ASAP.

also, this card that is on offer, has been used for 1 year, 100% working as described, been operated in a fairly dust free environment and never been overclocked.

thanks very much, i again will be very greatful if this card was worth buying at a good price, or in fact, how much would u go for in this condition in buying it?

thanks again.
    The 9800 Pro is capable of loading a lot of good apps and games at perfect frame rate but I wouldn't recommend it for use with the latest, state of the art software as it will start to lag on frame rate. Its definately a decent graphics card though.

DCEmu Regular

oh right.

in wat way do you mean state of the art software? can you or anyone name me a few?

also, would over clocking do anything? or help at all? and what will it do when it is overclocked?

oblivion for example.. actually the 9800 pro does a DECENT job with medium quallity on.

Radeons are horrible get a Nvidia card i'm going to cause my ATI Radeon x700 Pro is really bitin the dust here.

DCEmu Regular

oh right..,

i knew there would be bigger majority on NVidia.

its either that one, or the MSI NVIDIA FX 5700 VTD256 which i only have a couple of hours to go for by a friend.

can anyone tell me if this would beat the Radeon? or can anyone tell me if this is any good or not?

please anyone give me a few pointers and info as u wish.

thanks.

Dream Coder

If it's a 9800 256 then yes, cause you can flash it to an XT. I just got rid of my 9800Pro 256 DDRII three days ago (flashed to xt) it served me well and was able to play everything I threw at it, but alas, I no longer had an agp slot, so i moved up to an x1900 AIW
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Regular

oh right..i wonder why u would throw away such a good card, you should have gave it to me

also, may i ask, is the MSI NVIDIA FX 5700 VTD256 just identical to the actual NVidia GeFroce FX 5700? or am i missing something?

Dream Coder

Oh, I gave it to a friend (actually sold it to hinm for 100$)
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

You could probally find a Geforce 6600/6600GT at a good price now...

I cannot say for certin but that MSI 5700 I belive is more sophisticated than the norm.

I think that 5700 has 8 pixel pipes instead of the normal 4 and the core/memory clocks are slightly higher than the norm, still a 6600 would be alot better and probally cheaper.

heres a small review:
    http://www.computeractive.co.uk/pers...lated_articles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information