Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No dice for Devhook 0.44 and 0.45

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy No dice for Devhook 0.44 and 0.45

Well, previously on 0.41 I was able to run UMDs for FW 2.5.

Now I want to run UMDs for 2.6 and up, and I can' seem to do that on the Devhook 0.44 or 0.45. What's more - my 2.5 games also don't run on these versions.
    Anytime I want to run a UMD it tells my I have to update the software, which I really don't want to do.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have 2.71 installed with your devhook ?I've been running 2.6 games no problem

DCEmu Newbie

What do you mean? I have a 1.5 FW. When I want to run a game I choose the 2.6 FW but when I try to run the game the PSP gets stuck. After rebooting I get the massage of "you must upgrade your software" right when the PSP starts.

This happens for both 0.44 and 0.45. I also have a 0.41 spanish version which is able to run 2.5 FW games, but doesn't support 2.6 and 2.71

I mean you actually have to emulate the firmware not flash ie install it with devhook.Have a look in your dh folder and make sure all of the firmware files are there along with reboot.bin,I too have a a 1.5 firmware psp and am using devhook to emulate 2.71.your firmware files will be in the corresponding folder of the firmware you are are emulating so: in dh/2.71 all of files from the dumped firmware are listed

ya, make sure you have the firmware dumps in the dh folder

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks.

I DO have the 2.6 and 2.71 files in my "dh" folder. Thing is - when I try to launch the game my PSP doesn't reboot - it get's stuck. Plus, when I reboot it manually - it tells me I need to upgrade - meaning the emulation didn't go as planned). Maybe something in the Devhook setting isn't right.

about the dump -
    How do I do that? (and what does it mean? how does it solves the problem?)

go to the root of your memory stick. look inside a folder called dh. it solves the problem because if you dont have the firmware dump (extracted files from and update EBOOT from sony), you cant emulate the firmware

you should have a flash0, flash1, and an ipl folder for firmwares 2.5 and 2.71. you should only have a flash0 folder for 1.50, 1.50F, and 2.60. you should have a flash0 and flash1 folder in 2.6.

you also need data0.bin, data1.bin, and reboot.bin for 2.00, 2.5, and 2.71

oh ya and you also need a kd folder with prx files inside

Thanx for helping explain that video_freaksaarshai check your private messages and we'll get you straight if you can't figure it out.

DCEmu Newbie

I only have a flash0 in my 2.6 folder, and my 2.5 folder. my 2.71 folder and my kd folder has everything you mentioned.

I was able to run the games on a 2.71 FW. That must have been the problem (previously I tried to load them on a 2.6 FW). BTW - where can I find these dump files for the 2.6 FW?

oh, and THANKS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information