Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: DSAIM 0.01e (aim for DS)

DCEmu Newbie

are there any routers that it cant connect with? or could someone tell me how to set up the router? i have a linksys and it goes to "authorizing wireless connection" or sometihng like that then takes forever, then fails connection

ive got it to work in 2 places which are kinda commercial places such as church and school, i know one of them is a d-link, any other places i try it fails to connect - such as linksys routers mostly

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmojoj27 View Post
    So I downloaded it and it seems to get stuck at "acquiring IP". In WFC, everything connects and is setup properly, but i can't seem to get DSAIM to connect for some reason. Anyone else getting this problem?

EDIT - So i manually edited my connection info and it seems to work, but then kicks me off shortly after it's "logged in". Then after that, it says i can't connect to the server.
    I am having the same issues. I use the M3 Simply & can't get past Searching for WIFI. My friend has an R4 & no issues.

I manually edited my connection settings, with no change in results.

I also tried at the local McDonald's, can connect & play games, but not this, so I know it's not my home network.

I've tried 0.01e & 0.02e, any suggestions?

all apps and games wont connect. i even went into DOS and checked my settings. i changed my DS settings via mario kart but nothing connects help please

DCEmu Newbie

Ok, got a new question for this.

I just downloaded DS Weather (which works fine for my friend), & it will also not connect to wifi. So it seems like all Homebrew apps will not connect for me, yet all games connect without incident.

I have heard that newer DS systems have a newer firmware version of Wifi. I've not seen anything official stating this, but it would clear up a few things seeing how my friend got his DS Lite the first day they were released & I got mine the first week of February.

Is this possible? Could this be what our problem is? And if so, is there a way to correct it?

Another question about DS Weather: I DLDI patched it, but it still gives me the FAT error when I try to save my profile. Any ideas?

Newer DSLites do indeed have newer Wifi chips. The best thing you can do is talk to the makers of the homebrew and ask that they recompile with the newer DS Wifi library that fixes the issue.

DCEmu Newbie

Ok, I actually got my homebrew to work on my DS by changing the trasmitting channel of my router from 1 to 10.

This stilll may pose a problem at the local McDonald's, though, seeing as how I cannot change their settings, but I'll try it on lunch today & post my results tonight after I get home.

OH! One last thing, I figured out what I was doing wrong with DS Weather. I forgot to put it in it's own folder.

DCEmu Newbie

I can connect to my access point, but I always get an error on "acquiring IP." I'm not sure what to do--I'm using a Linksys WRT54G if that's any help.

DCEmu Newbie

That's the same router I use.

I've heard people say they've had better luck with manually entering their connection settings, but I did it auto without issue.

Like I said, make sure you don't use it on channel 6, because it is the default & seems to give more issues than anything else.

Try Channel 10, it worked for me.

DCEmu Newbie

Nope, that didn't work. Although, it did seem to get to the acquiring IP screen sooner on channel 10, it still won't go past it.

DCEmu Newbie

Wow actually works

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information