Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is firmware upgrade needed to play new psp games

DCEmu Newbie

Question Is firmware upgrade needed to play new psp games

My PSP has firmware version 1.5 and am mainly using it to play emulated games. I have a few old psp games such as lumines,darkstalkers and ridge racer. Have never needed to upgrade from 1.5 yet and don't want to. My question is do I have to upgrade to another firmware version to play newer games like GTA or Field commander? I have been told that it's necessary, but I still want to play my emulated games that I already have under version 1.5 on my memory card. Could someone please let me know what the facts are concerning this?

Devhook is the answer to your question my friend. Put it on you mem stick and there is no need to update your system.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info on Devhook. One question though. Is there any danger of screwing up the PSP using this? I've never had any problems with the emulators but this is something new.

Devhook loads firmware straight from the memory stick so there is no chance of screwing your psp. Its very safe i've used it loads of times without any problems what so ever.

devhook bricked my psp though. so dont mess up!
    ________
    Jaguar R3 specifications
    Last edited by andrew24; January 29th, 2011 at 09:59.

Dev Hook cannot brick your PSP, unless you use the new version .46 which can write to the flash, and you were to shut off the PSP while it was flashing.
    In other words, use Dev Hook without doubt.

only your devhook can become bricked

Default need help on using Dev Hook

Hello,

I have managed to setup Dev Hook and have it work properly . However, I do not know how do I switch my firmware version to 2.6 so that I could play all the latest UMD.

Can someone pls give me a step by step guide as I can't quite get it to emulate 2.6

Thanks so much

use chaos zeros ultimate installer v1.1.1(i think). It is a computer exe program that installs a variety of things including the latest devhook 0.46 with 2.71 firmware. once it has done that unplug ur psp, load up devhook, select everything u want and make sure the firmware u select is 2.71, then ur umd should load fine

Is there any site that shows devhook compatibilty with umd's?
    Anybody knows whether gundam generation portable could be played with devhook?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information