Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is the Intel Pentium D 930 actually worth buying?

DCEmu Regular

oh okay then.

also may i ask, is the 950 itself a good CPU? also a good overclocker?

as in the link i provided earlier, it showed the 930 going to 4GHz, maybe the 950 can do better perhaps?

anyone?

DCEmu Regular

anyone?

pleaseee?

DCEmu Regular

hello?

please anyone?

I would help if I knew anything about intel sockets but its not my area of expertise.

DCEmu Regular

oh okay then.

well i was wondering if anyone does might know.

cause i dont belive entirely that overclocking is about pure luck, too many people has done it and gotten good results from it.

DCEmu Regular

i know i have talked about the Pentium 930 here asit been the subject here, but since we all know it is a 3.0GHz processor and can be overclocked to 4.0GHZ, which is by 1GHz (which is quite amazing, may i ask if anyone here might know if the Pentium D 950 3.40GHz is also worth buying? and it been a 3.40GHz, can it also be overclocked by about 1GHz as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTeressaBond
    i know i have talked about the Pentium 930 here asit been the subject here, but since we all know it is a 3.0GHz processor and can be overclocked to 4.0GHZ, which is by 1GHz (which is quite amazing, may i ask if anyone here might know if the Pentium D 950 3.40GHz is also worth buying? and it been a 3.40GHz, can it also be overclocked by about 1GHz as well?

If you plan to expect a 1Ghz overclock on anything your nuts. Sure people can overclock pentiums 4's to 5Ghz but thats with Liquid Nitrogen which your probally not going to find at the corner drug store.

Even If you could get a 1Ghz OC I doubt your computer even would be any faster as there is already is a large bottleneck between the Cpu, Bus, and memory theres a bigger chance of losing performance at those speeds.

Expect maybe an extra 200Mhz thats about it, any higher and the bus/memory cant keep up.

DCEmu Regular

well thry done it with the 930, and no more eally, and the results went fine. and not to forget, they also used a zalamans fan too. dont forget that.

but with hte 950, and it being a C1 stepping now, just wondering how much of a good overclocker it is then.

anyone?

Ok, I am going to make this VERY easy for you:

DO NOT GET ANY PENTIUM D*

Pentium D's are TERRIBLE. They are no match for the Core 2. I kid you not, just be a little patient and you will be rewarded in spades.

There is but ONE exception to the rule (and I hella mean ONE), and it's the Pentium D 805 [new stepping]. Read here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/..._41_ghz_cores/

DCEmu Regular

i did not read it all but woah!

it is stil something i would not get, i have lost enough Intel Core 2s and i am not as doshy as u think. i am on a tight budget, and the Pentium D can in many ways withstand and operate as good as an AMD.

find the link i posted before about the 930 @ 4GHz.

thus that is your opinion but i appreciate it very much.

i only ask for that simple question as maybe anyone here might know, and i do not mean that in a rude way at all.

forgot wat was the rest i was going to say, but anyone please? can help me just answer that question?

appreciate it very much. thanks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information