Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAAGH!! EMULATORS!!

DCEmu Regular

Default Re:  AAAGH!! EMULATORS!!

Thats not true at all.
    Pal games run at 50mhz which is slower by default
    So saying a game is runing at fullpal speed still means its not full speed because pal games arent full speed.

Default Re: *AAAGH!! EMULATORS!!

Right but (at least) Nintendo & the European devvers localized the speed to match the original 60Hz speed with 50Hz output. So running DreamSNES with 60Hz on 50Hz games (with localized speed) will help. Also the not localized games do run smother than 60Hz games, but slower...

For more great emus check out http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/...4562;start=2#2

Chris

@ Hola I Never said it ran PAL games full speed :-/

Stupid me, but I'm still wondering, why there are no/nearly no emu running in fullspeed on a 200mhz SH4 RISC working console. Just check http://www.GP32x.com and wonder about what ppl can do with a 133mhz RISC armed handheld (which actually doesn't has a floatingpoint engine...)

Dream Coder

Because these emulators don't need floating point anything at all. The GP32's processor is much more suited to emulation than the DC is. Also, there is a greater demand for GP32 emulatros since it is handheld.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Default Re: *AAAGH!! EMULATORS!!

Quzar is correct IMO.
    Also try to find some people that know SH4 Assembly & have a personal interest + extended knowledge on a classical system (8Bit to 64Bit) and we'll see almost all of these systems emulated on DC. Hell, I know that C is a great language (I can't code any C or even BASIC) and you could reach almost the same with highly optimized C code too, but without some nice tweaks like the PVR2DC (GenesisPlusDC) or SHx coding we won't get too far in the near future but even without SHx the scene grew pretty much strong already, don't you think?
    Beside all of that the most important thing is time, teamwork/support and respect & some patience

Dream Coder

Oh yea, also, arm processors are really common compared to sh procs.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Yeah, I know that these ARM C-tools are much more faster than the SH4 thingies. Just wanted to point out, that it SHOULD be possible to get full speed emus of GENESIS, SNES, ATARI ST (Castaway), AMIGA 500 and GBA in the near future. I'm not long enough in this scene to tell anything about progress, but to mee, it seems, we'll see a lot in the future! (Hopefully a PCE-emu soon... I'm starving for it!)

[quote author=QuasaR_CTR link=board=dcemu;num=1091475858;start=15#27 date=08/06/04 at 04:52:18]Yeah, I know that these ARM C-tools are much more faster than the SH4 thingies. Just wanted to point out, that it SHOULD be possible to get full speed emus of GENESIS, SNES, ATARI ST (Castaway), AMIGA 500 and GBA in the near future. I'm not long enough in this scene to tell anything about progress, but to mee, it seems, we'll see a lot in the future! (Hopefully a PCE-emu soon... I'm starving for it!)[/quote]

I don't disagree that most of those are possible, but it would take a team of skilled coders to get them really optimized properly (kind of like Bleem!). Although, I have heard that the GBA emu on XBox isn't even fullspeed (apparently it actually uses a built-in frameskip of like 5 or something), so I am not sure how easy it would be to get a fullspeed GBA emu on the DC.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

Dream Coder

I think all of those systems except amiga are possible at fullspeed.

GBA emu all we need is someone to just run the roms onto the sound processor of the DC which is an arm with variable speed and access to more ram that although slow is probably faster than the GBA ram.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information