Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: In need of 1.50fw UMD exploit **Nice Reward**

I hope someone can do this for you (I am sure that it is possible). Sorry that I cant help.

dang i wish i can help

So at this point what EXACTLY can ur psp do? Does it load the xmb at all? Or does it load the UMD automatically upon startup, but can't load the xmb? It its the 2nd, i believe your only option is to find an update UMD, with only an update on it. I remember reading that these things were sold at certain Japanese stores.... Also, it may load the XMB, but not start it. If an update is on your UMD, try opening the UMD hatch upon boot, then close it. Since u'll be working blind, hold right for a few seconds, then down, then press up once. U should load the update eboot. but thats only if the XMB is loaded, but not displayed

Also, even if sum1 developed it, how would u load it onto ur psp? U cant activate USB thru games...

DCEmu Legend

I suppose the only other option is to get the mod chip and install it and repair your main flash chip with the Epsilon Bios.

There may be a way to get homebrew running inside another game, but I think if it was possible it would have been found already.

Yeah good point

no if someone could make an e loader for 1.5 then just add usb mode like the tiff xploit e loader has and thats how you can transfer files

it hasnt been found yet because other than this problem there isnt another use for it on 1.50

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR
    All you'd have to do is find a 1.50 game that you can exploit which will load a (fake) savegame file that executes a homebrew program
    I'm such a dumbass! Why didn't I think of that before ...If it's that easy, why don't you code it for me? I will reward you for it... Unfortunately, I can't do this on my own...why do you think I'm asking for help? Cause I'm lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo356
    damb i wish i could help not for the rewards but because your my bro
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMace
    I hope someone can do this for you (I am sure that it is possible). Sorry that I cant help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja9393
    dang i wish i can help
    Thanks guys, I know you'd be the first ones who would help me me out with this...reward or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dagger89
    So at this point what EXACTLY can ur psp do?
    It can play 1.50fw or less UMD games.Other than that...It can save and load data for those games, go to the hacked browser through Wipeout Pure...and that's pretty much it. This is all given to the fact that I personally corrupted a flash file called "topmenu_plugin.rco" which I believe assigns all the names to the respective PSP XMB icons...you know...MUSIC, PHOTO, VIDEO, etc...I have already looked for those update UMD's and they go for $30 US in most places, but I already confirmed they need the XMB to show in order to run update, just like any other UMD.

Also, even if sum1 developed it, how would u load it onto ur psp? U cant activate USB thru games...
    Did it ever occur to you, that you could just put it on your Memory stick via your PC first, and then switch it to the PSP in order to run it? There's been different types of adapters for MS pro duos out in the market, even before the PSP came out.

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark
    I suppose the only other option is to get the mod chip and install it and repair your main flash chip with the Epsilon Bios. There may be a way to get homebrew running inside another game, but I think if it was possible it would have been found already.
    I've already said that the mod chip is not an option for me, because I lack the money. Even if anyone hasn't come across them, I bet there's probably many ways to run homebrew on a PSP...Why hasn't it been furtherly proven on 1.50? That's because somebody already found the easiest, most reliable way(Kxploit), and Sony has been pushing updates since then, so there's no reason to furtherly exploit an old firmware that can run anything and everything already...and no, it's not because they haven't found it yet, it's because...why bother? My PSP's case is different...that's why I'm offering a reward.

right, I forgot about the adapter...

What happens when u try to boot the XMB? Does the PSP shut off after like 10 seconds?

Ur best bet is to ask 0okm, a japanese dev, he might be able to help, as he just got usb thru the eloader..

http://0okm.blogspot.com/

What happens when u try to boot the XMB? Does the PSP shut off after like 10 seconds?[/url]
    Yep.That's it. I'll try with Ookm, thanks.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information