Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: In need of 1.50fw UMD exploit **Nice Reward**

AHAHAHAHA...this got way off topic.

Hey Malkster, you're probably thinking we were talking about a PSP, no?

No, i was talking about his pc
    PC'S OVERHEAT TOO!
    secret message!
    I used to have a signature here.

Yeah I know, but since this is the PSP forum....nevermind. lol

One time I saw this video on google videos where some guys overclocked an old duron cpu really high and didnt put on the heatsink. They had the motherboard just laying out on the floor and when they flipped the switch the mobo exploded and part of the cpu shot in the air and the other part desenegrated.

Wow, that sounds fricking crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Apoklepz
    Wow guys, am I the only one that's really bored $#@!less today or what?
    Here's a picture for you...

I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

Damn, that was a long time ago at work, but yeah...cool pic I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR
    All you'd have to do is find a 1.50 game that you can exploit which will load a (fake) savegame file that executes a homebrew program
    If im corrct wipe out pure the first release from last year will do that

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    If im corrct wipe out pure the first release from last year will do that
    Nope, I have the original US release... it doesn't

Hey guys...I don't mean to run anybody out of the bush here, specially you Acidburn05, but I've left no stone unturned about a possible exploit within Wipeout Pure...I even emailed Fanjita(of GTA savegame exploit lore) about my partially bricked problem, and this is what he posted in my other older thread...And I directly quote;

"It's likely that there will eventually be a way to run an exploit on a different game - and it also seems likely that people looking for such an exploit would look in a game that lots of people have - so a v1.5-compatible game would be a likely choice.

However - it also seems likely that any exploit that included a way to fix your PSP would also need to have some sort of access to your XMB to set it up, or at least get it onto your memory stick.

I'd guess that your best bet is to look into the hardware unbricking methods - otherwise, you'll be waiting for an exploit to come along that might or might not help, and it looks like the odds are against you on that."

...So if anyone's really come across this Wipeout exploit, which I highly doubt it, please, please, please...I'd like to know where exactly I can acquire it.

Also, just a refresher here...because a lot of people have been sending me PM's about simply trying to update to 2.00 trough a UMD like GTA:LCS or such...I do own GTA:LCS and Prince of Persia and both require 2.00 firmware to run. Here's why I can't update like that:

When you try to run a UMD with a higher firmware than your PSP, you are promted to a message in the XMB that says:

"The inserted UMD requires a higher firmware update. Would you like to update? YES/NO"

I'd also like to mention that when this message is promted, you can also see the PSP's XMB or menu screen icons through the transparency...that's were my problem lies...You see, I messed up a file in the PSP's flash called topmenu_plugin.rco, which actually commands all the menu icons and menu text to appear where they should, Soooo...The problem with my PSP is I no longer get to see the menu icons, cause that file is corrupted in the main flash memory.Sucks balls, I know. But I can somehow play inserted UMD's that require 1.50 or less firmware, right off the bat when I power on the PSP....because it skips the topmenu_plugin.rco commands and goes straight to running the loaded UMD game. I can also save progress, even though some people have mentioned that would be impossible, because the PSP temporarily loads part of the XMB when you save/load game data....what they can't see is that at this point it doesn't actually display the menu icons and their respective text names...that's mainly where the problem that is partially bricking my PSP lies.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information