Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Station - The Retro Handheld News Update

First of all, the OneStation won't be any good for homebrew, unfortunately since the system architectures come on the cartridges themselves rather than being built into the main unit.

While that's bad for homebrew, it's great for expandibility. As new unified architectures keep coming out from companies like Sunplus and Winbond, this system could take advantage of them. So while it currently has games using 8 and 16bit architectures, in the future it may have 32bit, 64bit (like the already existing N64-on-a-chip found in the iQue system) or anything else, including the MP3 player, camera, GPS and other stuff mentioned on Jungletac's page.

As for the batteries, while the actual consumption will vary depending on what system architecture the games you're playing use (there's currently four different architectures, two 8bit and two 16bit), these sorts of unified architectures are generally super low power consumption and the screen on this unit is also very low consumption. The VG Pocket Max system that I have from the same company which plays the same 8bit games and has the same screen gets about 10 hours on three AAAs, which is much better than the PSP or GP2X get on their batteries. Also, they do make rechargeable AAAs, you know?

Another really cool thing about this system is the TV out port, which makes it more than just a portable system. The batteries last a *HELL* of a long time when you're using the TV out, too. I can put old AAAs into my VG Pocket Max that went dead in my TV remote and still be able to play through the TV out port.

This is a pretty cool system. PSP fans don't need to get defensive since this thing is really not attempting to compete with your systems anway, nor any other handhelds on the market.

...word is bondage...

Quote Originally Posted by troom
    3 aaa is not bad gp2x takes 3 batteries.
    gp2x takes 2 AA batteries last longer then the one staiton i bet. if u guys want your homebrew stick with gp2x or a 1.5 psp....eventhough i dont have a 1.5 psp...gp2x still rocks cuz i hardly use psp
    oh and the one station is to small a 2.5 screen???
    i need glasses to see that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information