Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emulator experts help me out!!!

Exclamation Emulator experts help me out!!!

I really want to put a SNES emulator on my PSP, but I'm totally new to this stuff and I need some help. Please give some kind of step by step procedure on gettiing a SNES emulator and ROMS onto my PSP. I have a PSP firmware v2.6 For some SNES emulators, I don't think I need to downgrade, but I don't know. Consider me totally clueless and help me out like that. Many thanks!!!

if u have GTA:LCS(old one cuz the new one is patched) then ur set, all u need after that is fanjita's eloader and the snes9xTYL0.4.2 emu, the eloader has a windows auto-install, all u do is plug in ur usb and open the eloader file on ur computer it will put everything in the right places, after that drop the snes9xTYL folder(the 1.0 one) into ur GAME folder which is in ur PSP folder, then make a ROMS folder in the snes9xTYL folder(put roms in there), then load up GTA, the eloader should pop up automatically then once in the eloader u should see the emu, hit "x" or "o" and it will load the emu, then go into ur ROMS folder and highlight a rom and hit "o"...if u have anymore questions just ask

I aint really an expert, but if you are wanting a SNEs emulator, and you have 2.6. You are first going to need an unpatched version on GTA LCS.
    After that you need to place the eloader from noobz.eu. download an exe file. run that and follow the instructions to place the eloader on the psp. After that you download the latest SNES emulator. If there are 2 options on which 1 to download, download the one that says for firmware 1.00/2.xx. Plus make sure that it is the stardard version of the emulator and not the ME version, as the ME version only works for 1.5. PLas i think it says something like "snes9xTYL" in the game folder in your psp. Now, Roms are are funny subject, either you can download public roms, or you have to own your own SNES games to own the proper rom. But once you have a rom, place that in the snes9xTYL. Once that is done, unplug the psp from the usb and start up GTA. Eloader may load up automatically, but if not, pause the game and load Eloader. Select the snes emulator on the list and the emulator will load. navigate your way to the rom you placed on your psp and i believe it is circle to load the rom. After that the rom will play.

EDIT: Blazed just beat me to it

lol sorry, half way thru typin my post i was like someone is gunna beat me but ohh well i'll post anyways

thanks a ton i'll give this method a try. but do i really need gta? if so, where's a place i could find an old copy? how do you tell the difference?

ebay or any game store just get a used copy and u should be good

or you can rent it

Quote Originally Posted by Video_freak
    or you can rent it
    yeh and do the swap , or u can just downgrade if u don't have a TA-082 motherboard(just a suggestion) either way u still need GTA

thats what i meant, downgrade

lol yeh its well worth it too, the GTA and eloader get tiredsome after a while not to mention all the goodies that are out and comin out for 1.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information