Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Top 10 Games by Ranking

DCEmu Newbie

Arrow

That list is from GameRankings.com. It averages the ratings from every popular magazine and website. This is just about the best site you can trust on the web for game ratings. And yes, GTA and Metal Gear used to be on the top 10 until Resident Evil 4 (both GC and PS2 editions) came along and shot them down errr... took their places :P

Quote Originally Posted by dejkirkby
    I'm surprised one of the GTA's isn't in there.
    Not me. My bet is most of the review averages were based on kids votes. And don't get me wrong, I'm 34 and love to just drive around killing everything and everyone in GTA when I have a moment. I however will not let my kids play any of the GTA series much less most FPS games either. They really are just too violent and I want to make sure my kids understand the difference first so they make solid choices in real life. so they would have been voting for most of whats in that list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony99
    great list but the snes zelda should on been on it
    Again I'm assuming those review averages were kids voting probably ranging from 6 to 16 years old for the most part. Many of them probably have never played a SNES game before or some even don't know what SNES is. Luckily I have taught my two youngsters the difference. Heck my 10 year old still sits down to the DC and pops in one of the various emulation Cd's I have made.

[rant]

I must say it's no surprise to me that not one PSP game made the list. Makes me even more glad to know when I bought my PSP I did so based on it's homebrew/emulation ability. I personally feel all the games being made directly for this device stink. For instance GTA:LCS, not a bad game, but way more fun on the PC or console. Other then that I have not touched all the PSP games, but I have played many and not one of them made me go "I gotta have it!". Sad really.

Maybe E3 becoming smaller will allow some of those game companies to get back to the most important element that's been missing, being fun. I'd rather play games with "not so great graphics" or "less then wonderful music" as long as the game itself is a joy to play.

[/rant]

GoldenEye 007, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario 64 and Half-Life 2 (PC) are all games that deserve to be up there. I pretty much agree with the list.

...but I'd probably include Mario Kart (snes) , the GTA series and super street fighter 2 turbo x (dreamcast).

Resi Evil 4 is (still) just amazing on the GC.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerTag
    Not me. My bet is most of the review averages were based on kids votes.
    Nope. These averages are based on press reviews buddy. Go to www.gamerankings.com and check 'em out; it's the only site you'll ever need to go to to see whether a game is worth buying or not I've been going there for years, so this top list is no stranger to me I've seen it change throughout the times.

I definitely agree with Zelda being at #1, there's no question about it. As for the others I'm not really a "hardcore" game player so I'm not too familiar with some of the older titles and ones on systems that I don't own (i.e. Gamecube). Goldeneye and Mario64 were great games to, as is Half-Life. Halo is a great game, but dare I say, over-rated. I'm also a little dissapointed not to see any of the FF playstation games on there (VII, VIII, and IX). You can't get much better than those, really (except Zelda). Banjo Kazooie was also very memorable, maybe not enough to make it on the top 10 but close. And yes, I think Vice City or San Andreas should be on there somewhere as well (they're pretty close; San andreas comes in at #13, Vice City at #19)

Hey, where is Shenmue?

Quote Originally Posted by accordian boy
    wheres metal gear !!!!!!!!

seems like theyre forgetting the older games...
    true, wheres metal gear.
    and, yay metroid is in third

i have made loadsa posts about all the best games of all time and i have always said Zelda - ocarina of time was the best and always will be unless twighlight princess impresses me further

oh, and i agree with the list completely

Where is the FF there???

I haven't played Zelda, but nothing compares to a good weekend with the PS, FFVII and some snacks

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_35
    Where is the FF there???

I haven't played Zelda, but nothing compares to a good weekend with the PS, FFVII and some snacks
    If you havent played, and beaten, Ocarina of Time then you dont deserve to hold a controller!

Every FF is nothing but a bloody turd when compared to the holy glory of OoT...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information