• Yes They Should

46 82.14%
  • No They Shouldnt

4 7.14%
  • Er dunno im a Muppet

6 10.71%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Not Make All Games Consoles Region Free

Actually I believe Resident Evil 4 was edited specifically for the gore content in the German edition. The Japanese edition didnt even have exploading heads I believe! But I think region free would be neat and not too much a destroyer of profits because only hardcore fans of something usually import.

DCEmu Newbie

Im pretty sure wii is supposed to be region free, I'll go search teh interweb to see.
    EDIT: n/m, looks like nintendo is thinking about it, but nothing final. I hope the go for it, then the other companies may follow.

idk what it matters. yeah sure it would becool to buya jap game but would retailers sell them cause if they wouldnt then i wouldnt want to import them. and paya rediculos shipping fee.

ms said they would leave it up to the game companys on the 360. but a lot of them are region codeing there games its not ms doing it. but if they had any balls they would tell the game makers that the games need to be region free on the 360

By making them region free they dont have to worrie about different asemblie lines

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXCS
    Actually I believe Resident Evil 4 was edited specifically for the gore content in the German edition. The Japanese edition didnt even have exploading heads I believe! But I think region free would be neat and not too much a destroyer of profits because only hardcore fans of something usually import.
    The gore was untouched in the german version, but they removed the mercenary-style bonus-games.
    Gore isn't such a problem in Germany anymore, as long as it's not unnecessary.
    The mercenary-bonusgames of some Resident Evil-titles are 'mindless' killing of people, so they have been removed.

There are two types of ratings at the moment, games with violent scenes will get rated 18+ and can be bought anywhere, while games which contain violent scenes only to show violent scenes (Postal 2 would be a good example, it's full of unnecessary violence) will get rated 18+,too, but it's not allowed to avertise them or to show them in the store-shelves.

Oh, and we have no problem with nudity or 'adult language' in Germany, yay

I seem to recall the main defence of the 'modchip industry' when sony was trying to have them all ruled illegal in australia was their ability to remove region locking.
    The ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) agreed there was no just reason for the blocking of imported games and ruled modchips to be legal.

So i guess in some stupid way, sony's and the other's money grubbing techniques have backfired and resulted in the ease with which I can have my consoles chipped, enabling the joy that is xbox emulators

i said region free for imports

If those money-hungry executives really wanted people to buy their games, they would make their games region-free. That is the ultimate marketing tool. Just Imagine a game commercial ending in "all versions now region-free" I mean DUUUUH. Would you buy the game?

P.S.
    don't you think that the company would think that if we thought what they are doing is cool than every one of their games would be cool, until we saw the reviews.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information